ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

"Spirit" - a musical

Hi all

Over this week I have been involved with a musical put on by three churches in my area. It's the story from Pentecost to the conversion of Saul and was a pretty large affair with a cast of around 40 and a small but very good orchestra. I was the narrator. Tonight was the last performance and I took the opportunity to take some pictures during the performance itself. I couldn't move around and all were taken using the available light - even so, I was quite pleased with the results.

The pictures are:

Jesus
    A Jewish widow complaining
    The wise Gamaliel
    Ananias restoring sight to Saul
    Saul

Cheers
    Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails "Spirit" - a musical-jesus-jpg.jpg   "Spirit" - a musical-widow-jpg.jpg   "Spirit" - a musical-gamaliel-jpg.jpg   "Spirit" - a musical-ananias-saul-jpg.jpg   "Spirit" - a musical-saul-jpg.jpg  

Mike Dales ARPS
    My website: www.mikedalesphotography.co.uk

A picture is a present you give yourself shootme's Avatar

Re: "Spirit" - a musical

Mike, for me I really like 1,2,3 & 5 great portraits, contrast and color and the sharpness worked really well, my favorite is #2. Seems to much light on the 4th shot. Where you using a flash or relying on stage light, or both?
    :thumbsup: Shootme...

Please don't edit and re-post or use my images (not that you'd want to anyway...). without my written permission. Thank you

shootme - thanks for looking. You are right about No 4 - not that there was too much light, more that I did a bad post-processing job on it

I was relying on stage lights - it was the actual performance so flash would have been intrusive. Also, I was restricted to my seat in my role as narrator. All images taken with a 50-200mm lens and ISO 800.

I have reprocessed No 4. You can see it, together with the other pics I've done so far at:

http://www.mikedalesphotography.co.u...olio41719.html

Cheers
    Mike
    Mike Dales ARPS
    My website: www.mikedalesphotography.co.uk

A picture is a present you give yourself shootme's Avatar

Mike, wow that's incredible, I change my favorite to Stephen, the composition of the shot is great, the contrast also with the light and shade playing off each other. #4 looks spot on. Well done. S
    :thumbsup: Shootme...

Please don't edit and re-post or use my images (not that you'd want to anyway...). without my written permission. Thank you

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

I would say the 3rd shot, looks like well-captured emotion there, a good performance.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Thread Information