ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

I'm back and I missed this site!

Things have sucked for me lately. My mom died after a 2+ year battle w/ pancreatic cancer. The end came quickly, in just a weeks time, and really left me reeling. It was the most difficult thing I've ever been through. A week later I went back to work for the year - I have summers off from my 'real' job. We've been working hard to get my 13 yo daughter's ADHD and bipolar under some sort of control, too. Then a few weeks ago I came home and my puter - that wasn't very old - was DEAD. Luckily I have an external HD and my photos are safe. So, I shipped the puter off to HP for repair and promptly blew up the puter my daughter usually used. I decided that after ALL that - I was getting a new puter for my b-day - just a little early. As I was getting it all set up, the other one back and set up here came the rain. Torrential rain!! We've had record breaking flooding. It has been HORRIBLE. Luckily my house is high and dry - the the devestation is mind boggling. I just cry when I hear the stories. Our friends were evacuated and spent last night with us. I ended up with self diagnosed depression. Is it any wonder? I got some stuff from the health food store and it is helping. I'm back to the land of the living. I'll have to get busy and post some photos...haven't taken a lot - but I have some to share. I'll do that in the next days. So - that's where I've been if anyone wondered!

Re: I'm back and I missed this site!

wow and I should have read this BEFORE I messaged you---holy moly lady...

We have a few thing sin common will send you another message about the ADHD thing...

I'm so sorry you have literally been bonked around---I can relate ----sometimes life feels like my life is a big Whack a Mole game? can you relate? I think you can.... take care ---hang in there...hugs your way
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Sorry for your news, you have been thru a lot lately. We'll be here for you.

Sorry to hear your sad news.
    My thoughts are with you.

Thanks everyone! Whack a Mole? Sometimes I think my daugher IS the mole and I can't find my mallet!! She's been on a bipolar SWING today...holy moley!!!

My thoughts and prayers go out to you. You have been missed around here but I can certainly understand your absence. Take your time getting your life in order and come back to us when you are ready to share more of your beautiful images.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Thanks OT! It's nice to be missed as well as to be a part of a community such as this.

Can you tell me a bit about the flooding? My MIL lives in Vancouver WA and we're supposed to go there for Thanksgiving. I've heard nothing about the flooding until just now. Was she affected? Will our travel be difficult?
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

I don't believe that Vancouver was in the course of the flooding, but you'd have to ask your MIL. That is a ways from here. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Welcome back LBA, I wondered where you wondered to. Keep looking up. Things are bound to turn around. Kids grow up sooner or later.
    Greg
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Thanks! Hope you are feeling well!

Sorry to here of your loss and the difficulties you are going through.

Thanks Barb - some days are better than others. Today hasn't been too bad...just went out with Daddy and looked at the damage in the woods that the flood caused. Took the camera but need to charge the battery before I can download and sift through them.

Thread Information