ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

New Family Member....

I bet you thought it would be human, huh?

Anyway, i'm pleased to introduce:
    George.

he is about 5 months old or so. My brother's ex could no longer keep him and we eventually wanted a dog.. so why not get a cute, already house-trained, puppy now so he can be our dog later. -does that even make sense?

he's so sweet. Lets you play with his ears, mouth, feet, tail, food, etc... hasn't destroyed anything except paper and we shouldn't be leaving that where he can reach it anyway. he also, and this was the big one, hasn't shown any aggression towards our Bunnies or any other animal. I think we lucked out.

We really don't know what breeds make up his mix, but we're pretty sure on the Lab, he has webbed toes, and maybe Rott. Any other suggestions?

Just wanted to show off for a bit. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by katt; 10-18-2005 at 09:45 PM. Reason: add more photos

Re: New Family Member....

Some where on here in a recent thread I had a shot of my mutt Casper who is part Rot and Lab. I took him from someone who abused him when a puppy. I got him at about 6 months old. Such a cute devil... and he earned the devil part too! He is too smart for his own good, figureing out how to unlock doors and open them. Jumps up on counters and eats a whole loaf of bread. But he is soooo darn sweet! Loves kids, Lab mentality until you try to get in HIS truck! THen look out!
    I have a cat too and the two of them get along great... he picked the cat out
    Your dog looks a lot like him but yours seems to have some German shepherd as well.

JS

Grads on teh addition to the family. Looks like he is a keeper. Love that last shot of him. Nice job.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

I would guess this guy's Black lab/ long haired german shepard mix(with maybe a bit of rottie/terrier), but reguardless , that dog is very solidly built!

Very cool of you to take that dog and give it a loving home!
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Thread Information