ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Portrait and Beauty with Antoine Tyce

Last weekend I did a Portrait and Beauty course with Antoine Tyce plus a model and a make-up girl. It was rather intense. We started out with 20 minutes of Photoshop theory and ended with 30 minutes of Photoshop demonstration. I discovered lots of things - that I will need some time to practice. These images are done my usual way.

Having make-up changes was like having 4 different models. At the end of the seance I looked back at the first photos we did and thought they were from another shoot.

A lot of the others had brought macro lenses (= 90 or 105mm on 24x36 body). As there was only one good viewpoint with the lighting, this gave a photographer traffic jam up front (first picture). I stood back with the D200 and 18-200 and used a longer telephoto most of the time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Portrait and Beauty with Antoine Tyce-4321-023.jpg   Portrait and Beauty with Antoine Tyce-4321-032.jpg   Portrait and Beauty with Antoine Tyce-4321-062.jpg   Portrait and Beauty with Antoine Tyce-4321-086.jpg   Portrait and Beauty with Antoine Tyce-4321-118.jpg  

Charles

Nikon D800, D7200, Sony RX100m3
    Not buying any more gear this year. I hope

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: Portrait and Beauty with Antoine Tyce

I can't even imagine but glad you shared the experience.

You've changed your avatar....which one is the real you?
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Frog

You've changed your avatar....which one is the real you?
    The monkey, of course.

The cool thoughtful look with the glasses dangling is just what I was trying to achieve when I did my self-portraits in the mirror last year. The image was on a publicity campaign for an optical company. When it arrived in my letterbox I instantly recognised myself. I just had to add the green eyes.

As for the lighting, the second picture gives you an idea of what we were using at the end:

1. A "Bol de beauté" high center left as main light f9
    2. A rectangular softbox in front of the model as fill-in (1 stop less powerful than the main light)
    3. A small softbox right rear to give some reflections in her hair (same as main light)
    4. A single "ear" light on the background at f16

The model stands in the center and about 6-10 feet in front of her there is a scrum of 5 photographers going "Me!" "Me!" "You took my flash" "MeMeMeMeMe!!". Each photographer has a radio module to set off the studio flash but if two shoot at the same time then only one gets the picture. Fortunately the flashes recycle in under a second
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Portrait and Beauty with Antoine Tyce-grand-optical-square.jpg   Portrait and Beauty with Antoine Tyce-4321-070.jpg  
    Charles

Nikon D800, D7200, Sony RX100m3
    Not buying any more gear this year. I hope

After years of experimenting with beauty products and trends, I realized that mastering the techniques is just as important as using the right tools. That’s when I decided to explore professional beauty courses. I recently came across the incredible opportunity offered at the Dubai Beauty Academy beauty school dubai. The five-day course was exactly what I needed—hands-on training with skilled instructors, covering everything from microblading to semi-permanent makeup techniques. It wasn’t just about the theory; they made sure we left with practical knowledge that could be applied immediately. The academy had an inspiring environment, encouraging everyone to unlock their potential, no matter their previous experience level. For anyone passionate about beauty and eager to build expertise in makeup artistry, I highly recommend this academy. Dubai offers an international learning environment, and the experience here could truly be the first step towards a successful beauty career!
    Last edited by Geer; Today at 02:45 AM.

Thread Information