Point Bridget outing

Printable View

• 03-01-2004, 09:28 PM
    jeff_in_ak
    4 Attachment(s)
    Point Bridget outing
    My friend and I took advantage of the awesome weather we have been having and went for an outing to Pt Bridget, about a 30 mile drive from Juneau to the trail and a 3 mile hike through woods and meadow. I took my Canon Digi-Rebel along and posting just a few pics.
    #1 This is a cabin maintained by and rented from the State. My friend enjoying the serenity and scenery.
    #2 The dogs waiting for us to catch up. I thought the snow capped mountains in the background were astounding.
    #3 These two boulders on the beach caught my attention. Looking to the Chilkat Range.
    #4 Sitting on a driftwood log enjoying the warmth of the sun I glanced over to my right and saw this scene. Thought it looked interesting.
    Thanks for viewing my "mini-series", hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed the outing.

jeff
  • 03-02-2004, 08:15 AM
    Charles Hess
    Thanks for sharing these ... Alaska is an unknown treasure to most of us, and you've been bringing us all a little closer. Beautiful country, nice shots.
  • 03-02-2004, 10:25 AM
    darkrainfall
    These are some nice shots, you've created a good mini-series. I think I like the last one the best, it has a lot of interest. If you get the chance to photograph your dogs in that situation again, you should perhaps get a little closer to them. I had to go back to find them in the picture, but I loved the way they were sitting, looking back at you, and the background was beautiful. These pics make me wish I could travel up there, you did a good job.
  • 03-02-2004, 12:38 PM
    I_Fly
    Wow, talk about gorgeous scenery. I really like the last two. Looks like you're having some beautiful weather also!

I like how you mentioned glancing over to your right while sitting and seeing that view. Just goes to show maybe we should spend a little more time looking around! Never know what you'll see. :)