ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

This Is Going...

To take some getting used to.

But I like it. I also like the options available.

Now, how does one go from being a lowly "junoir member" to someone of higher status?

Also, I tried to post a photo, and it didn't take. What am I missing?

I'm going to try again. Hey, my first post to the new forum has to be of my favorite subject!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails This Is Going...-dawn-sunset-03-cropped-resized.jpg  

Cool I was wondering the same thing...

I don't know if I like being a "Junior Member".. I want to know what we can do to get promoted as well! ;^P

PJ, if you read this one, I'm really liking the new format, but man is it going to take some gettin' used to! Thanks for all the hard work you've put in!
    Nikon Samurai #3

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true
    friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

http://brians4x4adventures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/brianliles/
    http://www.facebook.com/brianliles

Glad you like it. It will take some getting used to, but I'm 100% confident that it will be worth it. And just till we can some of the other stuff we're thinking about integrated!

To graduate from being a Junior member you just to have to post a certain number of posts. I can't remember how many. But since pretty much everyone is a Junior Member right now, it probably doesn't really matter.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Gotcha!

I was wondering if it would be based on number of posts, or some type of ratings system, or if it would cost to upgrade. If we're all junior members, then it doesn't matter. OK, except to our ego's!

:-)

Great job PJ. As I said, I really like all the ammenities!

Hmmmm, if you've got cash, I can upgrade you :-)
    Photo-John

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

hehehe

add one more post for my count
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Smile Quantity or Quality?

Maybe some of us should get extra credit for posting with really super images attached!
    PHL 4-6
    http://www.pbase.com/gammon

Just as long...

as the criteria for garduating to a super duper non junior member isn't how cute your self portrait is....Then surely I will here forever

natalie
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Talking Self Portraitist

I like your title. And you will NOT remain a junoir member forever!

We've seen your picture!. And we like looking at your self portraits!

Wink Hmmm, Indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    Hmmmm, if you've got cash, I can upgrade you :-)
    You're a capitalist. I like it!

Junior

Maybe that could be a new nickname for your wife to call you, Speed. Nice image of your lovely lady, and I agree, the layout of the forums will take some getting used to, but as long as the same good people are here, the layout isn't so important. :-)

Heck, I even had to have P-J tell me what an avatar was!

Arrgh!!

I'm now "another", not another view. I sent an email to John to see if it can be fixed. Looks great but I agree it will take some getting used to...

Talking Hey - this just in...

Now after my first post I'm Another View again. Thanks John!!

They are watching you...

Layout

One of the nice things about the new forums is that you have some control over the layout. Here's something I just posted about viewing threads:

Photo-John

I don't think you can go wrong...

posting shots of the lovely Dawn. I hope we haven't made your life miserable by boosting her ego too much!

I, too, wondered about the junior member thing. Thanks for asking and saving me the effort!

I'm still trying to figure out how to get the avatar thing to work. I hate taking pain killers, really slows the old gray matter down!

Troy

Wink Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    One of the nice things about the new forums is that you have some control over the layout. Here's something I just posted about viewing threads:

Hybrid IS the best of both worlds...just working on that Junior Member status...tehe!
    Every artist was first an amateur. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Like, zoinks! - Shaggy

Quote Originally Posted by natatbeach
    as the criteria for garduating to a super duper non junior member isn't how cute your self portrait is....Then surely I will here forever

natalie

My avatar is a self portrait.

Talking New Nickname

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Hess
    Maybe that could be a new nickname for your wife to call you, Speed. Nice image of your lovely lady, and I agree, the layout of the forums will take some getting used to, but as long as the same good people are here, the layout isn't so important. :-)

Heck, I even had to have P-J tell me what an avatar was!

Thanks, but no thanks! My father is Robert A., I'm Robert L., my son is Robert A. II. We don't have Juniors in our family, because, everyone calls them Junior and not by their name. While my lovely wife calls me Robert on occasion, she usually calls me honey, darling, sweetheart, etc. You get the idea.

I don't believe I ever posted this image. I cropped it since it had a lot of empty sky over her head. This was taken at sunset, and I was hoping to catch some color in the sky. Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the encouraging words!

Heyyyyy

How come I'm not even a Junior member? I'm a Newbie! Ok, ok, it's been months since I've posted (now that I think of it, could it be a year??) but I was around for a year or two before that. Ah well, I'll get over it.

Love the new site format PJ, although I'm now too busy pushing buttons and playing with the layout to look at photos and read threads!

It is awesome and strangely comforting to see all the folks I'm used to see still on this site. Looking forward to getting inspired to try new things. Now that I've gotten my master's degree under my belt (aka second career since it took 7 years), I feel I can take photos again and surfing this site without feeling guilt that I should be working on my thesis!

2k2s

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Hey Sharon...

Whadya hear, whadya say?

Good to see you back. What you been doing????

-Steve

Quote Originally Posted by 2kids2shoot
    How come I'm not even a Junior member? I'm a Newbie! Ok, ok, it's been months since I've posted (now that I think of it, could it be a year??) but I was around for a year or two before that. Ah well, I'll get over it.

Love the new site format PJ, although I'm now too busy pushing buttons and playing with the layout to look at photos and read threads!

It is awesome and strangely comforting to see all the folks I'm used to see still on this site. Looking forward to getting inspired to try new things. Now that I've gotten my master's degree under my belt (aka second career since it took 7 years), I feel I can take photos again and surfing this site without feeling guilt that I should be working on my thesis!

2k2s
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Quote Originally Posted by Asylum Steve
    Whadya hear, whadya say?

Good to see you back. What you been doing????

-Steve
    Glad to be back! The nasssty master's thesis just HAD to be done. It was getting to be a big joke at work.

Now I'm scoping for a new camera (my husband has recovered from me telling him that the $600+ Canon G2 was just a 'test' of digital). I actually didn't think I'd grow out of it so soon. But shutter lag and the # of out of focus shots just killin me. So I'm hovering between the Digital Rebel and the 10D (which I see you have - you dog you). Also need to branch out from all the photos of my kids. Love em dearly, but I tried to post a non-kid shot and had to go back over a year! Variety is the spice of life (as long as you don't get indigestion)...

See you around!

2k2s

PS - Sorry for hijacking your post Speed. I do always love the shots of the lovely lady...

Long Time No See!

Quote Originally Posted by 2kids2shoot

2k2s

Welcome Back! Great to see you again!

Thread Information