ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

what happened to

Jared a.k.a. Jar_e ?

I haven't seen him for a long time.
    Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Nikon Samurai #23 - The Alexei Ponikarovsky of PR

Havana Cuba Photography

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Re: what happened to

His last post was at the end of July, so something must be up. It's easy to check up on members by using the Member's List function on the tool bar near the middle of the page (when you're scrolled all the way to the top).

Click on a member's name to go to their profile page. You can then find all of their posts as well as email or private messege them...

Quote Originally Posted by LeeIs
    Jared a.k.a. Jar_e ?

I haven't seen him for a long time.
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Asylum Steve
    His last post was at the end of July, so something must be up. It's easy to check up on members by using the Member's List function on the tool bar near the middle of the page (when you're scrolled all the way to the top).

Click on a member's name to go to their profile page. You can then find all of their posts as well as email or private messege them...

Hey Steve,

That's the guy I was asking about in Chicago. I couldn't remember his user name tho...
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by Asylum Steve

Thanks Steve.
    Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Havana Cuba Photography

College

Jared started college in Edmonton (Alberta) this year. Between the move (from BC) and starting school, he thought he was going to be really busy. I'll try to e-mail him and see if I can get him to give us an update. I know all this because he was the reviews moderator before Ken.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: College

Suprise suprise.

Guess who?

Well, it's been quite the past few months. They've sped by, and I guess I have a few updates that would be noteworthy (photography and personal).

Personally, life has been good. Been keeping busy with school and homework, and trying to hold a part time job. I'm actually in the process of applying for a security position at Rexall Place here in Edmonton, where the NHL team Edmonton Oilers play. So that's been quite hectic. Finals start this week, I have 7 between the next two weeks, so things are going to get worse before they get better.

Photography, I have made quite some noticable adjustments. I have done numerous photos (got approximately 6-8 published in the school's newspaper) for sports, press conferences, and other events. Also, for a small christmas present for myself, I've purchased a used Canon D60 with a bunch of extras it came with (memory cards, 3 batteries, etc.) I haven't really got to test it out because: a. I just got it last week, and b. the only lens I have is a Tamron 19-35mm, which isn't the most practical lens. However, I do have a Sigma 28-70 f2.8 EX coming hopefully by christmas and a Sigma 100-300 mm coming soon too. So, maybe I'll actually be able to take some decent photos! So, the DSLR world has been quite interesting thus far, but I don't have all the resources I want just yet.

So, that's been my highlights for the past few months. I apologize I haven't been keeping in touch. My internet here is deathly slow and for some reason, this forum just takes a while to load (took about 2 minutes for this page to load). Not to make excuses, but I have tried!

By the way, I am in Edmonton as John mentioned. That alone has been an experience, moving up from small city to big city. It's been quite enjoyable though. I'm currently enrolled in Emergency Communications and Response here at Macewan college.

Thanks for remembering me and I hope I can update as much as I can,

Hell, I think my posts per day here is still like 8 or something!

Thanks again guys,

Jared

Hey you!! It's great to hear that you are doing well. We miss ya! You sure have a busy schedule, but you have to promise to visit us every once in a while! That's an order!
    Lara

Lara,

Thanks for the reply. I'll try to keep up with the posts as best I can!

Glad to hear everything is well Jared. You're definately missed. The critique section isn't the same without ya . You got a good gig going. I'd love to work at the ACC here and catch my leafs' games!! Good luck with your studies man.
    Liban

Havana Cuba Photography

Double post.

Liban,

Thanks to know I've been missed. I wish I had some material to upload, but unfortunately, it's -22 and with finals, the time is of the essence. But, when I go back home, I already have a few "outings" planned so I'm pumped.

Hopefully the Rexall thing falls through, we'll see how it goes!

Thanks again,

Jared

Liz

Jared,

It's sooooooooo good to see you around if only for a short time. I miss you a lot - like everyone has said.

I'm so glad to hear that you're doing so great. You sound so good! I wish I could see those pictures - maybe next time! Thanks for posting, Jared - and keep up the good work.

Keep in touch!

Liz

Liz,

Thanks for the words. You've almost passed me in post count....I better post more often now!

The pictures aren't much yet...just shooting outside of my window cause it's -22 Celcisus here and no weather for me to be out in! Thanks again,

Jared

Thread Information