ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

How are you spending your free time?

As I mentioned a previous post, I haven't had much time for photo play. I've been pre-occupied with building my 1929 Chevy Woodie. What have you all been doing lately?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

What free time? I am so busy at work, interacting with 1000s of people every day, I sometimes nod off in the evening at the computer. I try to get out with my cameras on my days off, but have had little time or energy to enjoy much else. Let's see that Woodie when it's done...quite a project for you. :-)

I'm with Charles

What free time? Okay, I have about an hour in the morning after breakfast, while everyone else is playing Barbies or ponies.

But this week, while there isn't any school (spring break) we are working on evening out the mud pit I call my lawn so that we can plant grass seed as early as possible. In the past 4 months, we had our electrical put underground (they came in with a backhoe! I was thinking it would be this tiny little hole they dug. Nope, 4 feet across, about 50 feet long) and stumps removed. That guy came in with a grinder and tore up what was left of our grass.

adina

Erstwhile Vagabond armed with camera Lionheart's Avatar

Free time? What's that?

When I'm at work, I work. When I'm at home, there's homeschooling and yard work. I can barely stay awake at my computer at night once the kids are in bed. I haven't clicked the shutter button as a hobby for ages. All the photography I've done has been for work (studio shots for our cosmetic and reconstruction patients) or for friend's weddings (which I really don't enjoy much-I hate the after wedding photo editing and printing). Here I am clearing a 30 foot zone around the house after cutting down a dozen or so oak trees with a LOT of help from my buddy Dwight. and some pics from the last wedding I shot (got another to shoot in 2 weeks-I don't know why I can't say NO)

Riding...

... to North Carolina in this case last spring. I August I rode to a rally in Yellowstone and in October I went to one in Arkansas. The bike is a Kawasaki Vulcan 800 and I belong to an online organization called the Vulcan Riders and Owners Club (www.vroc.org). There are some pictures (not mine) from the North Carolina rally at www.kdf-computers.com/se03a/FrameSet.htm I'm the fat guy with a gray beard.

I'm buying a new bike that will be able to pull a small camping trailer so travelling will become a little more affordable for me. I hope to do a bit more travelling as soon as I can sell the house and quit working at a regular job.

The pics are from Down East in NC. While riding, I just carry my Canon S30 and a battery operated harddrive which copies my shots from my CF cards.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How are you spending your free time?-shipshape.jpg  
    Last edited by Chunk; 04-16-2004 at 07:04 AM.

Cool,I can finally put a face with a name. It's nice to see you Chunk!
    ~Brian
    Nikon Samurai #3

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true
    friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

http://brians4x4adventures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/brianliles/
    http://www.facebook.com/brianliles

If memory serves me...

You live in the Sierra foothills, don't you?

If so, think you can make it up to Yosemite over Memorial Day weekend? We have a little Gathering we are trying to get up and going and we'd love to see you out there.

Hope to hear back from you.
    ~Brian
    Nikon Samurai #3

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true
    friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

http://brians4x4adventures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/brianliles/
    http://www.facebook.com/brianliles

Erstwhile Vagabond armed with camera Lionheart's Avatar
    I'd love to go...but I'm shooting a wedding the weekend before that, then I'm off to Chicago for a week and a half to visit relatives and attend my wife's 20th high school re-union. But I'll be thinking of you guys

What free time?

Free time? You mean the 25 days holiday I'm supposed to take before the end of May?

I'm a bit busy trying to get the anti-SPAM filter on our messaging server working effectively (SPAM is really incredibly stupid. I can't believe that people pay money to have this junk sent out). When I'm not doing that I'm trying to learn Linux. Next week I'm probably going to have to go and help out a client whose whole I.T. department just walked out on him.

Despite all that - I still managed to do 180 films in the last 12 months, almost half of which was black & white. It seems to be better suited to what I do.

Charles

Thread Information