ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Where I Got Schooled

This is the building where I done learned to catch light in a box and stick it to paper.

It's the art building at Pomona College, in Claremont, CA. I snuck up on it after PMA. Haven't been there for maybe 8 years...

Photo was taken with the Pentax *ist D digital SLR I've been loaned for the next couple of weeks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where I Got Schooled-pomona_artbldg.jpg  
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

A couple more

The first photo is of the building responsible for my license to philosophize (that's right). The other is for my friend, Elsa. That's a bench she used to sit on in front of her dorm when she was a freshman and didn't know anyone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where I Got Schooled-pomona_carnegie.jpg   Where I Got Schooled-pomona_smiley.jpg  
    Photo-John

so how are you liking it?

are the shots straight otu of the camera, tell me more ---tell me more....

ups downs--don't hold back
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

It's neat

The shots are not straight out of the camera. Nothing you see from me ever is. I can't leave stuff alone. The originals are just the raw material I start with.

So far the main thing I like about this camera is the size. It feels just about like my G2, but with a lot more control and better resolution. I'm pretty sure the images are a little noisier than what I get from my G2 or 10D. But I wouldn't use it to replace either of those. And so far I don't think it's bad. I'm perfectly happy to use it. I don't feel like I'm wasting my time taking pictures with it. And my arm sure appreciates the lightness of it.

I plan to do a series of controlled images with a GretagMacbeth target, in my home studio. I'll shoot across the whole ISO range and post all of the images so that people can really look at the image quality and judge for themselves.
    Photo-John

thanks for the input and the research

I really appreciate it... that you are doing this for everyone...it's so helpful when a real live person can give you input not just a web page...looking forward to more of your "testing"
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Event Pro
    John,

You know me. I have been bugging folks on this board for years about a way to turn my SLR into a Digital. What Pentax has come out with is wonderful for me. I can use all my Pentax lenses on this camera. How do you like it?

I am looking to get one, and would really appreciate your thoughts since you have actually used it. The photos that come out of it seem to be great.

Frederick

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    This is the building where I done learned to catch light in a box and stick it to paper.

It's the art building at Pomona College, in Claremont, CA. I snuck up on it after PMA. Haven't been there for maybe 8 years...

Photo was taken with the Pentax *ist D digital SLR I've been loaned for the next couple of weeks.
    Y

You done learned good! (nice sky too)

Thread Information