ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

My Photos Sold Public

Well time has come. I accepted a job this summer with a friend with the Blues Plate Cafe, check it out at http://bluesplatecafe.com. We are a traveling food vendor that targets blues and the down home culture. We will be all over the US this summer!

My plan is to sell some of my prints to the public. I'm leaving for Arkansas this morning (via greyhound), I'm carring several with me and will be close to a professional printer who will be ready to print more! What I do is place the 4x6 or 5x7 (and often 8x10) in a solid white mat and sell the print for $15-30 (depending on size and quanity they purchase). In return I agree to NOT ever sell more than 50 of the same prints. I also will offer a few 8x10's and etc and may at times have prints that are even more expensive, depending on the paper it's printed on and custom print demands! Anyway, maybe I'll have luck!

I'll be close to a scanner from time to time, I'll post a pic soon! Anyone doing this that yall know of? My shots are mostly of Southern Culture, blues musicians and etc! Maybe I'll be in a town near you soon!
    Vince Cheney
    The most magnificent power is the ability to freeze time!

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Wrong URL...

Sounds like a cool gig, Vince. You going to Savannah, Ga? I have some friends that I think are going to a blues fest up there soon. And let me know if you're down in Florida at all...

The URL you listed for Blues Plate should be www.bluesplatecafe.com. I finally found the site, but it's still under construction...

Quote Originally Posted by vince
    Well time has come. I accepted a job this summer with a friend with the Blues Plate Cafe, check it out at http://bluesplatecafe.com. We are a traveling food vendor that targets blues and the down home culture. We will be all over the US this summer!

My plan is to sell some of my prints to the public. I'm leaving for Arkansas this morning (via greyhound), I'm carring several with me and will be close to a professional printer who will be ready to print more! What I do is place the 4x6 or 5x7 (and often 8x10) in a solid white mat and sell the print for $15-30 (depending on size and quanity they purchase). In return I agree to NOT ever sell more than 50 of the same prints. I also will offer a few 8x10's and etc and may at times have prints that are even more expensive, depending on the paper it's printed on and custom print demands! Anyway, maybe I'll have luck!

I'll be close to a scanner from time to time, I'll post a pic soon! Anyone doing this that yall know of? My shots are mostly of Southern Culture, blues musicians and etc! Maybe I'll be in a town near you soon!
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Thread Information