ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: long few days

long few days

went to VA to help a friend who's going through a brutal divorce.... i'm a lot heart broken for her but not as much as she is for her life. 6 yeras later she has to start her life over again with her girls... these are two of my favorites while we waited to talk to the lawyers...

I think I'll never be able to grasp how cruel human beings can be to one another....or the necessity of it all. anyways...here's two of my favs that I'll print out and frame for her new place when she's able to find one.

nat

Hope everyone is well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails long few days-jen1a.jpg   long few days-jen2a.jpg  
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

Re: long few days

Divorce SUCKS Nat.
    It's one thing in life I do not reccommend.
    So being there for your friend is what she needs, not to mention some great photographs like these from you.
    Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

Pentax Forum Moderator

Having been divorced twice, I know of what you speak. It is really sad. Hopefully they can both realize that fighting and arguing is useless and helps nothing and no one. I pray that they will now both stop and think about the future of their children and realize that as adults, they will be o.k., but the children need to see their parents being friends and nice to each other, or they will be affected the rest of their lives...Take it from experience!!!!!! It took awhile, but my ex and I eventually learned to be friends. Sad to say tho' she passed away 10 days after our girls (twins) turned 17...life is too short. Be Happy!!!! and good to each other.
    Ken
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Long days indeed. And unfortunately, it'll probably get worse before it gets better. I know from firsthand experience that divorce is a hell on earth I wouldn't wish on anyone. And mine was fairly civil. (BTW, a civil divorce is an oxymoron)

I'm glad she has a friend like you to lean on!

On the other hand, you've got some great shots that she should enjoy.

They brought a smile to my face.
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

This is truly a sad and painful thing she is dealing with Nat, and it shows in her eyes. She is so beautiful, and even somewhat youthful, but even through her smiles I can see he hurt and saddness.
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

thnaks all for the words of wisdom I will pass them on and thanks for looking. I'm still recovering... and trying to make sense of all of it. my friend and I have known each other for 10 yearsand I sit and think about what a span of experiences we can all live through in just a short while. we met as art students in college and now we're mothers of 2+ kids and she has to start all over again...agh...it's all crazy. thanks for looking and listening
    ;)
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Thread Information