ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

First Pics from my E-500!

Here are some images from my new Olympus E-500. I just got it Friday, but I have been sick, so I just got to really use it.

Check 'em out!

John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Re: First Pics from my E-500!

Looks like you got a winner there John. Looking forward to seeing more image. Nice work for the first time out with new equipment.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Look at you! It's a posting frenzy!

About time.
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

I can't wait for mine to get here... Nice shots. Everyone in my house is sick but me. I'll probably get sick about the time mine shows up.
    Greg
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

That picture of Santa looks weird - almost like a doll or something. Better get your camera checked out.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    That picture of Santa looks weird - almost like a doll or something. Better get your camera checked out.
    Here I thought he ps'd that. You know, like sometimes you see those photos where the skin has been so overly softened and smoothed out?
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    Noooo...

That's the in camera "Doll Filter"™. It's an Olympus first!

John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Quote Originally Posted by adina
    Look at you! It's a posting frenzy!

About time.
    Heya baby!

I have been feeling pretty good lately, and with the new forum and new camera, I am all abuzz with excitement!
    John Cowan
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Here are the latest pics from my E-500. It's my African OB Peacock, and my male Cobalt Zebra!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First Pics from my E-500!-picture-009600.jpg   First Pics from my E-500!-pict-004600.jpg  
    Last edited by almo; 12-31-2006 at 05:52 PM.
    John Cowan
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Capturing Life Frame by Frame Tangletamergirl65's Avatar

OOO you got the evolt!! I saw your comment earlier and just checked back to see if you had posted anything from it yet and I see you have. So you are having fun with it? I was so good this year that Santa brought me the 18-180 lens. I have been playing around with it some but nothing worth posting yet. So what do you think of the camera? It was a lot easier to use than I thought it would be. I like your images here. I especially like the birds. I will keep checking back to see what else you come up with. :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by Tangletamergirl65
    OOO you got the evolt!! I saw your comment earlier and just checked back to see if you had posted anything from it yet and I see you have. So you are having fun with it? I was so good this year that Santa brought me the 18-180 lens. I have been playing around with it some but nothing worth posting yet. So what do you think of the camera? It was a lot easier to use than I thought it would be. I like your images here. I especially like the birds. I will keep checking back to see what else you come up with. :thumbsup:
    Hey!

I LOVE this camera. The image quality is awesome, the colors are great right out of the camera, so I have to do very little post processing, and the size of the thing is a big relief after lugging around my Canon equipment for years. The lenses are spectacular. One of the reasons I made the switch was that I could not afford decent glass for my Canons, but I have to say, even the kit lenses from Oly are superb. They far out match anything I have ever had from Canon.

I have to admit, the camera itself is a bit of a step down in terms of professional quality, as I am used to shooting with the mid-range semi-pro bodies from Canon. My D60 with the sigma 70-300 and V-Grip was a monster compared to this tiny E-500, and I have to admit, I have been made fun of a little buy some guys that think I have lost my mind. But I love this camera, and I am really digging the 4/3 system. I am looking into acquiring an E-400, and hopefully sometime in the future a pro-body. I think I will be an Oly guy for a long time to come!

As for the camera itself; I am surprised at how natural it is to use. Even without the top screen I am used to, or the second control wheel. I have owned cameras before that have required menu diving to change basic settings, but the guys at Oly really thought this one through when they designed the way you use the menus to change ISO, Focus..etc. This camera is fast, and fun, and a joy to use!

Thanks!
    John Cowan
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

And for pigs, it has s "babe" filter, right?
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Quote Originally Posted by SmartWombat
    And for pigs, it has s "babe" filter, right?
    The babe filter is for ugly chicks...

I am soooo bad...:blush2:

But that's ok, cuz I need a Stud filter for selfportraits...
    John Cowan
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Me, I use a Stud finder for DIY
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Thread Information