ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: Redwoods

misanthrope

Redwoods

It was suggested to me that I repos this message here so more people would read it:

"I know I'm new here, but I feel that the members could benefit from a gathering in a very special place (to me at least). One of the greatest challenges for me is shooting the Redwoods. I live in Northern California, and it would be really great to get some people together for some communal learning in these forests. There are miles and miles of forest for people to spend lots of time in and perfect the art of shooting in these woods. Any thoughts on a "Redwoods" gathering?"

Boy I wish

That sounds like it would be an amazing gathering....what time of the year would you recommend? although I doubt I could make it--- others might want some suggestions as to the time you might think would work over another...summer fall,etc... great idea.
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

misanthrope

Good time for redoowds?

Quote Originally Posted by natatbeach
    That sounds like it would be an amazing gathering....what time of the year would you recommend? although I doubt I could make it--- others might want some suggestions as to the time you might think would work over another...summer fall,etc... great idea.
    Any time of year is great. The crepuscular light in those woods is amazing at any time of day ;) . Right now the wild rhododendrons are blooming, which really helps break up the green and brown. But even in winter the fog and the rain and clouds make for really nice shots. I would normally say summer is the best time, even though thousands of tourists jam the area then. The winters up here are very unpleasant for most people- constant rain, cold, high winds... any time of year is doable, though. It's a rain forest, so the temps tend to stay pretty mild. You hike in the shade, and you have to bring pain relief for your neck- you can't help staring up at those monster trees!
    I guess summer is best, especially since people's kids are out of school, the weather is decent. So there's lots for people's families to do while the rest of us are having the real fun

Thread Information