ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Tired of bugs and flowers?

Well I know that Adina said she was tired of bugs and flowers for macros, but I couldn't resist this post. Took this image while home for dinner today. Sorry if its redundant.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tired of bugs and flowers?-noon-bloom-fly.jpg  

I love this shot....

Look it's a bee dressed up in work clothes...looks almost like a fly...

what a great shot...so out of the ordinary....and you said you weren't adventurous...ha I would have NEVER seen or caught something like this and this right up my alley.

great detail too...you said you were on your way to dinner from work? do you work third shift?
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Quote Originally Posted by natatbeach
    Look it's a bee dressed up in work clothes...looks almost like a fly...

what a great shot...so out of the ordinary....and you said you weren't adventurous...ha I would have NEVER seen or caught something like this and this right up my alley.

great detail too...you said you were on your way to dinner from work? do you work third shift?
    Nope just a country boy. We have always called the noon meal dinner and the evening meal supper. Sorry for the confusion. I only live a half block from my office and so I walk to and from work and back at noon for lunch. I can cut through the back yards and get few flower pics everyday if I want. Oh the joys of small town living.

Not tired of this!

I love the colors! And I'm so jealous that you have flowers in bloom already.

Nice shot

adina

that picture is so sos sosososo cool i would buy it
    ~Something is nothing~
    ~Nothing is somthing~

Liz

Cool Gorgeous!

Old Timer -

You outdid yourself this time around. Your photography just keeps getting better and better. What did you shoot this amazing macro with? Please give us the specs.

BTW - I hope you're posting this in the Macro Photo Project for May!

The colors are awesome, it is so sharp. Great job here!

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    Well I know that Adina said she was tired of bugs and flowers for macros, but I couldn't resist this post. Took this image while home for dinner today. Sorry if its redundant.

Thanks Liz..

Thanks for the comments Liz. I had just about forgotten about this photo. It was taken back in March with the Fuji S602Z in macro mode. It was handheld at 1/500 with a f5 aperature. Thanks again for your kind comments.

Beautiful shot, Old Timer. I love purple colored flowers, so you hit the mark with me on this one. Nice and sharp, too. Good work!

Ray

Thread Information