ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

New dances pics.....and my soap opera of a life

Well, the recital was Saturday. I shot it for the studio, finished this morning going thru things. Hoping to have something to show them when classes resume in a week. Depends on how long it takes to print.

So we are finally done with the flooding issues. The basement window where the water poured in has been dug up and redone. The new washer has been delivered, and the bottom 2 feet of the drywall has been cut off and ready to go in the trash. Luckily we had only gotten as far as the drywall, so we didn't loose carpeting or anything else down there. Right now we are slowly cycling everythign out to the trash, filling it as soon as they pick it up.

So things are finally going to calm down, right? WRONG. Bailey has what looks like chicken pox, and a body full of hives. The poor child is a wreck. The chicken pox we'd just have to wait out, but if she has allergies, we'll have to do tests, because we have no idea what is causing them (this is the second time) and they are huge. Around quarter size, which doesn't sound to big, but considering the size of her, they cover a pretty big chunk of her body.

Anyway. A dance pic.
    Canon 10d
    70-200 f/4 L on a tripod this time
    iso 800 f/4 shutter around 1/90 - 1/250 depending on how they lit the stage.

adina
    Last edited by adina; 04-04-2006 at 10:03 AM.

Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

Great!

Great shot! Inspite of the fact that Reg' computer doesn't have a graphics card!

A least something went well!
    The hives might be part of the pox? I'm no doctor - but when I get strepp, I also get hives and achey joints, because my body overcompensates. [I've been tested for rheumatoid arthritis every time and have been negative.] I hope you find out what it is though!

Megan

As always, beautiful photograpy Adina.

Something that helped my kids with hives was Benadryl. It does make one drowsy though. Doctor would know what's best. I hope she's feeling better soon.
    Lara

Very very nice shot! I'm sure the studio will be pleased! Can't wait to see more of these!

Bring that kid to the doctor! hope it's nothing too serious!
    http://janehaas.com

"Art is part of a rebellion against the realities of unfulfilled desire." ~Emma Goldman
    Member:

Benadryl

Caleb has had hives from easonal allergies for four of the last seven days...

when it looks like we finally kick it...and he seems to be doing fine...he wakes up last night with a spider bite and hives all over his body...poor baby...welts all over! the advice nurse said give him Benadryl for the next 24 hours every 4 hours... it helps fairly quickly at least until you find the underlying cause...Sorry your pumpkin is itchy and hivey poor thing...was there any mold from the flooding. Caleb is highly allergic and the mold levels i the air were high which is what I think messed him up

on a more positive note

Great shot!
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

She goes in at 2:30

I called as soon as I saw them this morning. This is her second round of hives, I think there might be some plant or something that is setting them off. Seems to come after a day spent outside. Once here at home, once at the zoo. Last time the Benedryl seemed to help, but I am waiting to give her something till after we see the dr.

Her legs are the worst, which is why I think it's some kind of plant or something.

I'll post a few more dance pics later, photoshop cs came today, so I'm going to be up late tonight

adina
    Last edited by adina; 04-04-2006 at 10:03 AM.

looks like what my legs look like when I get a mosquito bite...hmmm...I'm really allergic to mosquito bites and I get quarter to half dollar size welts that are hot to the touch...their not 'squito bites? POOR thing...hope you find out soon...Caleb's were happening after the park, a day at the beach and a cookout...hmmm maybe it's seasonal allergy related===hnag in there...
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Great shot Adina. You nailed the exposure.

Sorry to hear about your girl, hope she feels better soon.
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Turns out it is squito bites

Apparently she has a very severe reaction to them, and there isn't a whole lot you can do after the fact.

At least now we know, and can make sure we are more careful with her. Gave her the Benedryl, knocks her right out. Hopefully in the future we'll catch it in the evening, athough she looked fine last night. Spent 2 hours running around in her undies, so we would have noticed if there was something going on.

adina

Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

Poor thing!

Yup, that's what my legs look like whenever my body overreacts to strep.
    I hope you can figure out what plant it is!

Megan

Thread Information