ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

My unofficial 24 hour thread

Having missed the official 24 hour thread due to my camera being in for repair I thought I would make my own 24 hour project. This is the first time I have done a photography project and I have found it to be an interesting experience. I mainly photograph wildlife and I am used to taking shots in isolation or as a short series, flight shots for example, but have never before tried to put a related sequence together. I found it harder than I thought it would be actually, trying to think about the shots themselves as well as what I wanted to portray. I also found I had a few gaps but being a 24 hour thread can't really go back and fill them in. So anyway, its been a learning experience and something I will practice a bit more.
    Hope you like my first attempt.
    Keep your sense of proportion by regularly, preferably daily, visiting the natural world.

Re: My unofficial 24 hour thread

Dawn at around 6.00am
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My unofficial 24 hour thread-dawn-16-04-09.jpg  
    Keep your sense of proportion by regularly, preferably daily, visiting the natural world.

I start work at 7.00 teaching my first group.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My unofficial 24 hour thread-7-8.30.jpg  

Then its a drive back to the city center.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My unofficial 24 hour thread-9.00.jpg  

Nice Martin, Keep them coming.
    Bob in Denver
    ==========
    Larger photos always available in my user gallery
    http://gallery.photographyreview.com...&ppuser=278310

I spend the morning working at home translating then head back to teach the introduction group at about 11.30. Going through the road works at this time can be a hassel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My unofficial 24 hour thread-11.30.jpg  

Actually today was no problem, a clear run.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My unofficial 24 hour thread-11.40.jpg  

My beginners enjoy their classes, so they tell me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My unofficial 24 hour thread-12.00-13.00.jpg  

and we normally have lunch together after class where they get their own back and teach me Portuguese.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My unofficial 24 hour thread-13.00.jpg   My unofficial 24 hour thread-13.10.jpg  

After lunch I took a drive out into the country to check out a possible wildlife photographing site I had identified on google earth. I found a rubber plantation first.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My unofficial 24 hour thread-14.00.jpg   My unofficial 24 hour thread-14.30.jpg  

Then got a bit lost but eventually found the lake which turned out to be a bit disappointing, not much forest and well used and abused by fishermen. Notice all the rubbish they have left there, such a shame.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My unofficial 24 hour thread-15.00.jpg   My unofficial 24 hour thread-15.30.jpg  

Driving back I came across a 'Macumba' offering site, a sort of spirit worship usually done at crossroads out in the rural area.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My unofficial 24 hour thread-15.50.jpg  

Back to the city center and its siesta time. This is the square round the corner from my apartment showing the theater.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My unofficial 24 hour thread-16.00.jpg  

A brief siesta and I wake up in time to see the sunset.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My unofficial 24 hour thread-18.00.jpg  

A cup of tea and I'm off to work at my school teaching the evening students.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My unofficial 24 hour thread-19.00.jpg   My unofficial 24 hour thread-19.01.jpg  

Finally the day is over and just have the board to clean and go home.

As it was Thursday my wife and I walked round the corner and sat at a table in the street to have a beer but I forgot the camera so didn't get that one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My unofficial 24 hour thread-20.30.jpg  

Home to bed and, before I know it, it's 6.00am my alarm is ringing and its time to start all over again.

Except today is Friday, I only work until 10.00am and this weekend is a four day job with Monday and Tuesday as holidays. Its off to the forest for me to give my freshly repaired camera a good workout.

Have a good one guys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My unofficial 24 hour thread-dawn-2.jpg  

Nice job Martin. I enjoyed my 24 hours with you. Sorry you missed the official thread but very glad you made up for it.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Thanks very much Old Timer, like I said, I have a long way to go but it was an enjoyable project. I look forward to the next time this one surfaces.

Thanks for sharing Martin, I found the project challenging and enjoyable as well

Great to see where you live and work - and I sympathize with your frustrations about traffic and trash - we have those issues,too.

" Got Soul, but I'm Not a Soldier "
    The Killers

“ Make no judgments where you have no compassion ”
    Anne McCaffrey

" If you wish to know what a man is, place him in authority.'
    Yugoslav Proverb

Thread Information