ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

My piece for an art show this weekend

This is certainly one of my more bizarre pieces - I'm calling it "peeping janes" lol They are all self portraits of me and I made a window frame that looks more like it came out of a fun house - it's not totally complete yet, the glass isn't in and the window sill and curtains aren't on it, but it's getting there! You like? :P

Oh! I failed to mention that this is a totally different type of photography! I did it on a large format photo copier! lol I then used charcoal to enhance the photos and make them a little more interesting! lol
    http://janehaas.com

"Art is part of a rebellion against the realities of unfulfilled desire." ~Emma Goldman
    Member:

Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

Very cool!

I love copier art. You can bring it back into the darkroom as well - take some paraffin and melt it onto the paper for more translucency.... then you can contact print it, or create a silkscreen with it.

Good work and have fun!

Megan

Quote Originally Posted by Janie
    This is certainly one of my more bizarre pieces - I'm calling it "peeping janes" lol They are all self portraits of me and I made a window frame that looks more like it came out of a fun house - it's not totally complete yet, the glass isn't in and the window sill and curtains aren't on it, but it's getting there! You like? :P

Oh! I failed to mention that this is a totally different type of photography! I did it on a large format photo copier! lol I then used charcoal to enhance the photos and make them a little more interesting! lol
    This sure looks like fun (in a primal scream sort of way). It should gather plenty of attention at the show. The expressions are all fun rather than scary or threatening. The effect could be quite different with threatening or blank, dead looking expressions. Interesting work and methods..

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

Janie

Quote Originally Posted by Janie

I love you more and more with every post! you have a very unique style and it SHINES with whatever medium you utilize
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Great piece - very creative!

Thank you Paul, well, the art show is in Asbury Park on the boardwalk between Convention Hall and Howard Johnsons, just a few blocks from the Stone Pony. It's August 14 & 15 from 10-6 - stop by if you're around!

"Art is part of a rebellion against the realities of unfulfilled desire." ~Emma Goldman
    Member:

Man, this picture of my picture sucks! lol I'll take a better show of it when it's all finished - it's laying on my floor and I just taped the pictures in the frame to see how I wanted to lay it out. I"m looking for a black light with battery operation to make the images stand out more, but need some way of tenting the daylight away from it too. Decisions, decisions

Member:

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar
    can we finally go to OFF THE HOOK afterwards

OK.REALLY,

If I don't work the night BEFORE those 2 days..... I will be there! HONESTLY, I would love to see your work in person .

It would also be great to meet you, you seem like a very spontanious, fun loving WOMAN!

but sorry, I LOVE MICHELLE
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Excuse me while I burn in the sky Clicker's Avatar
    I think that this will be awesome once you have the whole "interior" set up, Curtains, etc. Very Creative and Different!

Very original, very cool, Janie

Have fun!

VillenaDeCorte
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Blog

Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
    - Marx

Curtains too?

I can dig it. Good work!

Spike

Thread Information