ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

Leeeezards! [for Speed]

A green iguana to be more precise. They are as ubiquitous on St. Thomas as prairie dogs in the midwest.

This one was actually taken by Reg with his Dimage. It's not a fantastic photo - there will better ones soon! I thought I'd share the snapshot though.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

ahhhh childhood memories

growing up in puerto rico we would be playing kickball on the playground and these guys would be on the sidelines.... all over the beaches too.

look forward to seeing more---hope you had a fabulous time
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Oh yeah!

Thanks - we had a FANTASTIC time. [I had a great time in PR 2 years ago too!] So fantastic that I'm dropping off a bunch of rolls today to get developed - food and electric be darned!

We both shot more artistic shots of the fauna, and I will certainly post some soon. I just have to finish unpacking first.

Megan

Talking Great Green Lizards Batman!

Quote Originally Posted by megan
    A green iguana to be more precise. They are as ubiquitous on St. Thomas as prairie dogs in the midwest.

This one was actually taken by Reg with his Dimage. It's not a fantastic photo - there will better ones soon! I thought I'd share the snapshot though.

Funny thing, when I think of iguana's I think of the Amazon/South America. I know they are indigenous to Central America, the Carribean and even Africa. But it strikes me as funny to see one on the beach! :-)

Looking forward to seeing those other shots!

BTW, no Holga shots? :-O
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

LOTS of Holga!

I brought 2 Holgas, my pinhole, my Stylus, and a Kodak disposable "Sports" camera [safe underwater.] I'm dropping off color today - I've got a backlog with black and white. Fortunately, I'm sick so I won't be a gym rat this week... I'll start mixing the chemistry tonight.

The iguanas were so cool! This one just wandered across the beach, acting like he was one of us!

Megan

Talking Dawn Loved Your Shot

I brought 2 Holgas, my pinhole, my Stylus, and a Kodak disposable "Sports" camera [safe underwater.] I'm dropping off color today - I've got a backlog with black and white. Fortunately, I'm sick so I won't be a gym rat this week... I'll start mixing the chemistry tonight.

The iguanas were so cool! This one just wandered across the beach, acting like he was one of us!

Megan

And she's looking forward to seeing more. Like me, she thought it was a blast seeing one on the beach like that. She even linked your post to the iguana chat room she frequents. Some of the folks on that board are turning rooms in their houses into "rainforests" for their iguana's. Dawn showed them your shot as an alternative "native habitat".

Can't wait for you to post more!!!
    Nikon Samurai # 1

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Cool!

He/she was just a chill beach bum iguana. But I can't take credit for the shot - Reg snapped it real quick.

I should have more soon, depending on what I shot with the Holga - I dropped off 3 rolls for contacts last night, should pick up tonight... and the prints from 35mm will be ready by Saturday. Expect next week to be a watershed week of iguana and other lizard pics! [And maybe a few stunning Caribbean beach photographs thrown in for good measure.]

Megan

Talking Sweet...............

He/she was just a chill beach bum iguana. But I can't take credit for the shot - Reg snapped it real quick.

I should have more soon, depending on what I shot with the Holga - I dropped off 3 rolls for contacts last night, should pick up tonight... and the prints from 35mm will be ready by Saturday. Expect next week to be a watershed week of iguana and other lizard pics! [And maybe a few stunning Caribbean beach photographs thrown in for good measure.]

Megan
    I'll be waiting with bated breath!

And Dawn will be checking PR everyday looking for your other Leeezard Shots!

:-)
    Nikon Samurai # 1

Thread Information