ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

My daughter bringing me luck...getting published

Ever since my daughter was born, I have been getting more calls for my photography work.

The best yet is being called by San Francisco Magazine (www.sanfranmag.com) to photograph a six photo layout for the travel section of the magazine. It will be in the September issue and it was a lot of fun. With over 400,000 readers a month and it's long-term standing within the city it should be good exposure.

The art director's name is Allejandro so you can see the kharma of the name.

I have also done some executive portrait photography for some hi-tech companies.

So far, I haven't done a ton of photography but it's nice to know that my daughter's arrival has been a positive to my photography.

Loren
    Last edited by racingpinarello; 08-07-2007 at 10:51 AM.
    Loren Crannell
    LC Photography
    Visit My Website

* Any photographer worth his salt has 10,000 bad negatives under his belt. - Ansel Adams

Liz

Re: My daughter bringing me luck...

That's terrific news, Loren. I'm glad your daughter has brought you so much good luck. She will always be a source of "new life" and happiness for you. It's amazing when we love someone how our lives change in so many ways.....always for the better.

It sounds like you're back into the photography groove. I hope you can share some samples of your work with us.

Liz

MJS
    Digital Video Moderator

Way to go Loren, it's nice to get back on the horse again. My daughter is 11 and a half and only has 5 more days of summer camp in Maine. I honestly can't wait till she gets back home. I've written to her more this camp than I have to anyone collectively in my 48 years on this planet so far. I have had a chance to get some portrait jobs by word of mouth after people have seen my shots of my daughter. You lose a little personal time becoming a parent, and end up getting it back later.
    Michael
    Nikon Samurai #8
    Avid Editor
    Sony Shogun

Hi Liz,

Thanks. It was pretty special to get the phone call, get paid, and to shoot wine area of Glen Ellen California.

I have to wait until the magazine comes out to post any of the shots, but they turned out well. My life has changed a lot, and the biggest challenge is time management. Otherwise, seeing my daughter smile at me every morning is worth everything.

She is very special...and she is now my inspiration.

Loren
    Loren Crannell
    LC Photography
    Visit My Website

* Any photographer worth his salt has 10,000 bad negatives under his belt. - Ansel Adams

Hello fellow Samuarai...

Thanks..I think what you said about personal time is very true. I also see things differently and that can always help too.

She's only 4 months old, but boy is she growing up fast. I better start taking more photos!!!

Loren
    Loren Crannell
    LC Photography
    Visit My Website

Re: My daughter bringing me luck...getting published

Nice going Loren. the magazine sounds like a major step forward for you work. Should be some very positive exposure for you. As for your daughter I'm sure she is a good luck charm. Now how about some new pictures of her.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

okay..since you asked ;)

On one of the three days I photographed, I actually brought my wife and daughter. This was photographed at the cheese shop that was mentioned in the article. I spent close to $50 bucks on cheese to bring home AFTER the freebie stuff. It was that good.

I don't know if you can notice, but mom is proud!!

Loren
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My daughter bringing me luck...getting published-07%5B1%5D.14.2007-editorial-0202a.jpg  
    Loren Crannell
    LC Photography
    Visit My Website

Re: My daughter bringing me luck...getting published

Mom has every reason to be proud, what a cutie. Thanks for up to date peek. Makes the day a lot shorter when you can take the family with you, doesn't it.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Talking Re: My daughter bringing me luck...getting published

Congratulations Loren!

That is awesome, especially being published in a magazine with such a large circulation.

We'll all take a collective pat on the back since you are one of us.
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information