ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: Yankee Cove

Yankee Cove

I took this shot last week when we had some pleasant weather. I was hesitant about posting it...I have mixed feelings about this. It's scenic enough but seems like it's lacking something...not sure what though. Well, I havent posted for some time so thought I would submit this. Anyway, this is Yankee Cove, out the road from town. It may not look like it with all the rocks but this is really a scenic and tranquil spot with some nice beach sand for sunbathers. BTW, not much post-editing, just some cropping of the sky at top.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yankee Cove-yankee-cove-resized-1.jpg  
    Diplomacy is the art of letting someone have your way.

Another nice vista from you...love the contrasting colors and textures. You'll have to do some hiking up in those mountains to get some closer shots for us. :-)

A loooong way from 1000! Cowgirl's Avatar
    I love those mountains! This is a nice shot. I always enjoy seeing your Ak photos!

Penny- GEEEEZ you do have a busy schedule!

Kathy

It's hurricane season... again...
    Quote Originally Posted by prbowhay
    Thank you Jeff for giving us another view of Alaska. The only thing that might wow this one a bit more is a dramatic sky but, as it is, I still think you got the shot.

Would love to get up to Alaska this Summer, but we're going to be in New York in the latter part of April, we've got Yosemite in May, Hawaii in June, Indianapolis in July -- so we're kind of busy. We might get up there in August, just have to wait and see how everything goes.

Thanks again for sharing your good pics from Alaska!

Best to You,
    Penny

Ahhh, Hawaii, how I miss it! Which island(s) will you be visiting?

Thread Information