ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Unhappy What not to do on vacations!!

Two big things you never do on a vacation:

1. When packing a camera, pack it with something SOLID around it, like a padded cardboard box or something, or a nice sturdy camera bag. One of my SLR's (my nikkormat FT2) was damaged when i had it wrapped in towels and safely placed in my carryon luggage. Somehow, preasure was applied to it, and it bent the lense mount out of place, and cracked it at one of the screw fixings inside . Everything else is perfectly fine, but just cause of that, its useless now.

2. NEVER leave your camera on top of you're car lol. Yea, I did, just this past week, left my Minolta SRT101 on top of our rental car on day 4 of our trip to oregon (luckily it was our 2nd to last day). Yea well, so 5 minutes later were going down the road at 45-50, and something slides off the roof, hits me in the arm, and thunks into the ground(my arm was out the window). Yea, totatled, back was completely bent out of shape, i had to bend it back just to be able to pack it (will never be light proof again without a new back). Internals of camera seem fine. Lense is useless (lense itself is fine, but it wont focus, jammed). Oh well..

So you want pictures do ya? do ya? okay well it might hurt to look:
    http://www.deviantart.com/view/8531511/

All I can say is...

Ouch!

- Aaron

So you broke 2 cameras and 1 lens in one vacation?

Like, gosh.

Deviantart: "But truth be told, I take very very good care of all my cameras"
    Contradiction?

Hehe, 2 vacations over 1 year. Still pretty sad. I'm like the mamiya though, and I think ill get a adapter for the telephoto.

Thread Information