ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: Busted...

Busted...

I guess I've been busy lately, now that it's finally summer. I have been keeping an eye on the place occasionally but I guess I haven't posted in awhile since I got a message saying so... Oops.

I'm recently back from a road trip north (yes, again) along Lake Michigan and up into the UP to visit Marquette for a few days. What a great place, I'd move there in a second! After that, I headed east and then south across the huge Mackinaw bridge and followed the east side of Lake Michigan where I spent the holiday weekend with at least 100 other kayakers. Back to reality!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Busted...-presque-isle.jpg   Busted...-badger1.jpg   Busted...-car-1.jpg   Busted...-duck.jpg  

Re: Busted...

Nice pics...

As a resident of MI, I am always amazed but the wonders of nature we have here. I get a chance to go "up north" alot as we have a cabin about mid Michigan. I have always been in awe of nature, but never took pictures. Seeing yours makes me want to go back soon and take some pics.

Beautiful pictures......

I love the freighter shot (I live on Lake St Clair and see them all the time).

Phil
    Support those who protect us:
    www.ODMP.org

Thanks! Actually the freighter is the Badger - the car ferry arriving right on schedule in Ludington from Manitowoc WI. The duck is a Red Breasted Merganser, and yes the crop tool was used - on a larger version the red eye shows up a little better.

Great to see a few from you Steve. Love that second one. Did you use the 12-24 on the first shot?
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Liz

Welcome back Steve.

Yes, those automated messages won't let you get away with anything! It's good to see you around. I noticed you weren't around as much, but thought you might be hard at work or enjoying the beginning of summer.

It looks like you had a great trip! Nice shots, too.

Liz

Canon XTi
    Canon G9
    Canon 28mm/f1.8
    Canon 50mm/f1.4
    Tokina 11-16/f4

FOR SALE: Canon G9
    See classified ad
    http://classifieds.photographyreview...hp?product=288

Welcome back, Steve. Yeah, the Freighter shot is very cool. I have to do alot more scenic driving. . .and just getting away.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    Great to see a few from you Steve. Love that second one. Did you use the 12-24 on the first shot?
    Thanks everyone - I think all of these were with the Nikon 18-200 VR lens. Sharpening has been applied in NX but I'm really happy with this lens. It does just what I wanted it to do - a "do it all" sort of lens. I'm not expecting 20x30 prints from it, but looking at the files out of the camera they might not be too bad. I have the Sigma 10-20 (not 12-24) but didn't use it much on this trip.

Thread Information