ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Been a crazy week

This week was very crazy... I had three concrete good news events and a couple of good leads.

First the three:

1) My shoot for Fiu Fiu! swimwear got me the main shot on their website and some more payed work. http://www.fiufiu.com/

2) I won a Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM lens from Digital Photo Pro Magazine (not sure when it'll ship though).

3) I was notified that I got the cover for the Las Vegas Athletic Club Magazine's next issue.

The two good leads:
    1) I had a local wedding chapel call and ask if I'd like to shoot weddings on weekends. The owners are friends of mine and I think it would be a ton of fun and I'd probably learn a lot shooting five or six weddings on Saturdays.

2) I may have a real design job in the pipe line. Of course it comes when my commercial photo business is starting to pick up.

The funny thing was that I didn't shoot much this week. Only my youngest daughter's school talent show. I'm hoping that my dues paying days are starting to pay back. I'm also playing with the WIX web hosting site, so far I like the flash templates and ease of use. Look out Earthlink, I may be switching over my hosting service!

mbb

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: Been a crazy week

Sounds like you are doing good mbb. I see why they used your photo on their main page.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Wow, congrats x3... :thumbsup:

Good luck on the weddings, is that 5 or 6 on each Saturday?

When it rains it pours, just in a good way this time.

James

Nature/Wildlife Forum Co-Moderator Loupey's Avatar

Nice week I'd say!

That fiu fiu image is gorgeous.
    Please do not edit or repost my images.

See my website HERE.

What's a Loupe for anyway?

Go for Fiu Fiu !

I've done a runway shoot for a local designer of Brasilian sportswear and a load of weddings for friends.

- Model shoots are much more fun. You're working with professionals who actively contribute to the success of what you're doing.
    - Weddings are more about crowd control. You have to herd around up to 50 people you want to have on the picture, find good light, etc. And find out if they want you just for the ceremony or for the dinner afterwards as well and - are you invited for the meal?
    Charles

Nikon D800, D7200, Sony RX100m3
    Not buying any more gear this year. I hope

Re: Go for Fiu Fiu !

Quote Originally Posted by Franglais
    I've done a runway shoot for a local designer of Brasilian sportswear and a load of weddings for friends.

- Model shoots are much more fun. You're working with professionals who actively contribute to the success of what you're doing.
    - Weddings are more about crowd control. You have to herd around up to 50 people you want to have on the picture, find good light, etc. And find out if they want you just for the ceremony or for the dinner afterwards as well and - are you invited for the meal?

I figure I'll get experience quick. I think I'll shoot more weddings in two weekends than I've ever shot. It might get old quick -- or it might not! Luckily it's one of the Las Vegas strip chapels and many of the weddings are small affairs.

I would surely like to develop into a commercial shooter AND/OR become a Tour de France photographer (or at least shoot it as a pro once).

mbb

Quote Originally Posted by JamesV
    Wow, congrats x3... :thumbsup:

Good luck on the weddings, is that 5 or 6 on each Saturday?

When it rains it pours, just in a good way this time.

James

Yes, each Saturday!

I hope this starts a good rain.

mbb

Quote Originally Posted by mattbikeboy
    Yes, each Saturday! mbb
    Indeed... A lot of work for one day, good luck and have fun.

James

Nice going Matt!! I lot of good things going on. You deserve it. That fiu fiu shot is out of site.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Thread Information