ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: I'm Excited...

I'm Excited...

I just met with the chairman of the fine arts department at The NY Institute of Technology where I went to art school to take a look at my portfolio and possibly have a show in their building. He liked the work and wants to have a show in Oct/Nov next fall when the building will be busy to make sure all of the students,visitors and faculty see it. He wants to include all of the 19 photos and will display the work on their largest wall in the new wing. The school has a branch in Manhattan and wants the work to be displayed there also. Since all of the photos are mounted and matted all I have to do is pop them into frames except I have to have a card near each one with a title and a story for each.

I'd also like to thank every one that gave suggestions either on this forum or private emails. They were extremely helpful as I am my own worst editor. I presented the street photos first then the person at the end of the bench which led to the other bench photo and the second group which included the non-people photos. I forgot who suggested that idea but it worked well. The B&W Portfolio is in no particular order.

Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

Congratulations!

Let us know when it is up!

Megan

Liz

Cool Congratulations Gerry!

This is great news! Wow! I'm so glad for you. I hope this leads to much of the same.....or better for your photography in the future.

Keep us updated!

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Widen
    I just met with the chairman of the fine arts department at The NY Institute of Technology where I went to art school to take a look at my portfolio and possibly have a show in their building. He liked the work and wants to have a show in Oct/Nov next fall when the building will be busy to make sure all of the students,visitors and faculty see it. He wants to include all of the 19 photos and will display the work on their largest wall in the new wing. The school has a branch in Manhattan and wants the work to be displayed there also. Since all of the photos are mounted and matted all I have to do is pop them into frames except I have to have a card near each one with a title and a story for each.

I'd also like to thank every one that gave suggestions either on this forum or private emails. They were extremely helpful as I am my own worst editor. I presented the street photos first then the person at the end of the bench which led to the other bench photo and the second group which included the non-people photos. I forgot who suggested that idea but it worked well. The B&W Portfolio is in no particular order.

Congratulations, Gerry. Terrific news. I hope this is the first of many exhibitions for you, your work deserves it.

Congrads, I only wish I could see it in person...

Not bad for a film shooter who uses those classic cameras, eh? Great news, Gerry.

That's Wonderful!

Larry and I are very happy for you...yeah!!!!
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Thread Information