ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

I don't know what to title this.

I have been so busy lately, I haven't shot a picture for pleasure in a long time. I have some shots of an auto accident I want to share, they are not the best. It was a fatality so there are no pictures of the car out of respect for the deceased.

Remember everyone, when the roads are slick, slow down. It could save your life.

This particular incident, the vehicle in question slide off the road and landed on it's top in a creek waist deep in water. That is all the detail I am going to give.

I hope I don't bore all you guys with my fire and ems pictures but that seams to be all I have been taking lately

A shot of me in the black coat

Last edited by Tyson L. Sparks; 12-08-2007 at 10:37 PM.

How can I be lost
    If I've got nowhere to go?

Sony a55 16-50mm 2.8 ssm Minolta 50mm 70-300 dt 5.6

Re: I don't know what to title this.

Hi Tyson, thanks for not showing the car. I would be tempted to call it Here we go again if I were in your place.

We had a bad one here on Fri night, fully loaded cement truck didn't stop at a red light and ran over a small car killing all five occupants - three children and two adults - I get queasy whenever I think about it. Driver charged with 5 counts of negligence causing vehicular homicide and one charge of failing to provide a breath sample.

WesternGuy

Quote Originally Posted by WesternGuy
    We had a bad one here on Fri night, fully loaded cement truck didn't stop at a red light and ran over a small car killing all five occupants - three children and two adults - I get queasy whenever I think about it. Driver charged with 5 counts of negligence causing vehicular homicide and one charge of failing to provide a breath sample.

WesternGuy
    I hope they fry the S.O.B.
    Mike
    www.specialtyphotoandprinting.com
    Canon 30D X 2, Canon 100-400L, Thrift Fifty, Canon 18-55 IS 3rd generation lens plus 430 EX II flash and Better Beamer. :thumbsup:

Wow, killed all 5 of them? That had to suck bad, right before the holidays too.

How can I be lost

MJS
    Digital Video Moderator

Been there and done that Tyson, keep showing any and all of your work, maybe it'll help save a life. Nice shots by the way.
    Michael
    Nikon Samurai #8
    Avid Editor
    Sony Shogun

Such tradegy, the sixth picture looks like a road we have here. It's called Canal road, we have had such accidents in the past also, last year it was a mother and son. They decided to put up barriers to prevent anymore untimely deaths, I sure hope it works.

Someone always has to die before the department of transportation will do anything about it.

How can I be lost

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Same here, safety measures need a number of KSI.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Quote Originally Posted by WesternGuy
    Hi Tyson, thanks for not showing the car.
    I agree with this - I think the rope from the truck, the fact that there was a stream there and the jaws of life are enough information for us to put it all together. So much of what we see everywhere tries to out-do everything else with the in your face stuff, and I personally appreciate you taking the high road.

And yes, so many people tend to forget every year what happens when snow and ice fall on roadways. Having lived my entire life in the northern midwest, I have never figured out why this is but it never changes.

Mike, I am not sure whether they will fry the guy, so to speak, but he will probably be eligible for his old age pension when he gets out - if he ever does!! (we Canadians are so forgiving) He certainly will not be driving for some time to come, if ever. The driver appears in court on December 13, 2007 and he has been remanded in custody.

I guess people in the area have been complaining about trucks speeding on this road for quite a while - to no avail...hopefully the cops will put an unmarked photoradar vehicle out there a day or two a week for the next few months and then some. It is very expensive to speed in this country, particularly if you get caught more than once.

WesternGuy.

Thread Information