ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: Hola

Ghost

Hola

Hi everyone. It's been a LONG time since I posted in any of the forums. I still check the digital imaging forum every now and then.

I thought I should update you all on why I haven't been around. There is no good reason, I'm just taking a break from things "photographic" and have been spending a lot of time playing a computer game called Day of Defeat.

As some of you know, my fiancee and I are trying to save up money for the wedding/honeymoon. Playing this game keeps me in the house and away from spending money so it's been good for that.

I even joined a gaming clan! I had no idea this stuff existed but it's a lot of fun. We have actual leagues with tournaments. Since our clan is in multiple leagues we play about 3 matches each week. It's well organized, complete with signup rosters and lineups. Just like playing baseball, but not.

As a side note, and to put this back on topic, I noticed something......something I DON'T miss. We all have ego's, myself included. Maybe it's just my ego, but I like how in the gaming world you know who's "better" than who because the numbers show it. You have something "concrete" and "measurable" that helps you to know where you stand against others. Of course I'm a less than average player but at least I know that. Sometimes these photo boards can get pretty packed with ego. Mostly in the form of "i know more than you" responses to posts. PhotographyREVIEW has less of this than any other photo site I visit because we all seem to respect each other as individuals and don't hide behind the internet mask.

So.....gonna get going again. I'll check back in soon!

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Well THAT'S a new one...

Welcome back, Trevor, and thanks for coming up with the best excuse to play video games I've ever heard...

Now, the next time my friends and family tell me I've been wasting too much time playing, I'll simply say it's only to "keep me in the house and away from spending money"...

Gotta go! Just got the new Splinter Cell 2 today, and I have this weird feeling if I don't start playing soon, I'm gonna run out and go on a shopping spree...

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Ash
    Hi everyone. It's been a LONG time since I posted in any of the forums. I still check the digital imaging forum every now and then.

I thought I should update you all on why I haven't been around. There is no good reason, I'm just taking a break from things "photographic" and have been spending a lot of time playing a computer game called Day of Defeat.

As some of you know, my fiancee and I are trying to save up money for the wedding/honeymoon. Playing this game keeps me in the house and away from spending money so it's been good for that.

I even joined a gaming clan! I had no idea this stuff existed but it's a lot of fun. We have actual leagues with tournaments. Since our clan is in multiple leagues we play about 3 matches each week. It's well organized, complete with signup rosters and lineups. Just like playing baseball, but not.

As a side note, and to put this back on topic, I noticed something......something I DON'T miss. We all have ego's, myself included. Maybe it's just my ego, but I like how in the gaming world you know who's "better" than who because the numbers show it. You have something "concrete" and "measurable" that helps you to know where you stand against others. Of course I'm a less than average player but at least I know that. Sometimes these photo boards can get pretty packed with ego. Mostly in the form of "i know more than you" responses to posts. PhotographyREVIEW has less of this than any other photo site I visit because we all seem to respect each other as individuals and don't hide behind the internet mask.

So.....gonna get going again. I'll check back in soon!
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Thread Information