ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: Hi there...

Hi there...

Just an Fyi, I saw this new photo discussion group. They are just getting started but they allow photo uploads and have a gallery for members, might be worth a look.

http://talkphoto.net

Henry.

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar
    if the moderator CHAS is charles glatzer....... that site needs to be joined by ALL.

Charles Glatzer is at the top of his field! NATURE, STUDIO, PRODUCT, masters in photog, fuji contracted in the past, and runs photo tours... SHOOT THE LIGHT(STL) tours
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Hey Paul,

I had a look, about 25 members and no info on the Administrator. I read this post when it first went up and read it as a spam message and ignored it hoping it would be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashram_Peter_AUS
    Hey Paul,

I had a look, about 25 members and no info on the Administrator. I read this post when it first went up and read it as a spam message and ignored it hoping it would be removed.

Sorry, it wasn't spam. I was just hoping to do a little promoting for the new forum. It is a totally comercial free site and all are welcome to join.
    And the 'Chas' is me, Chas H(enry) Savage.

Henry.

Hi Henry ... good luck with your new site, thought I think it may have been better if you had said upfront that it was your site. I find it odd(for me, anyway) for someone to go onto a photo community to try and recruit members. Anyway, much success.

Quote Originally Posted by henry_h
    Sorry, it wasn't spam. I was just hoping to do a little promoting for the new forum. It is a totally comercial free site and all are welcome to join.
    And the 'Chas' is me, Chas H(enry) Savage.

Henry.
    Are you also the Henry on your site?

Yes, I'm also the henry on that site. I wanted to have my own name for posting photos and comments other than the admin, Chas, and I usually use 'Henry' on these lists.
    And I apologize for what looks like recruiting of members, I'm somewhat new to this and don't know a better way to promote the site right now.
    Thanks for the well wishes.

Henry.

Welllll

You did misrepresent yourself as someone who just found a new site and wanted to share. And we have a pretty good site here. So how about you go post a link on your own message boards inviting your users to join this community

It's ok. We're a mellow group. But honesty is the best policy - always.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

and i think that using the online sign-in name of CHAS could get photogs to believe you are a PRO(making a BIG $ ) named CHARLES GLATZER ???
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

I dunno...

I have a friend named Charles who goes by Chas and also by Charlie. It's not an uncommon abbreviation of the name.

But I'm not defending his post here. Not on the up and up at all.

On an unrelated note I saw 2 new birds (to me) this weekend. Some Steller's Jays and Clark's Nutcrackers. I even got a couple shabby photos of the jays. Very pretty birds.

Spike

Quote Originally Posted by paulnj
    and i think that using the online sign-in name of CHAS could get photogs to believe you are a PRO(making a BIG $ ) named CHARLES GLATZER ???

Thread Information