ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Shameful Self Promotion

Just want to let everyone know I am having a show called "Life Samples" of my B&W mostly street photographs. The show runs from Oct 18th (today) until Fri Oct 29th with the official opening reception this Wednesday the 20th. Refreshments will be served. The exhibit is in the lobby at The Midge Karr Fine Arts Design Center at New York Institute of Technology in Old Westbury, NY which is on Long Island. In the unlikely case anyone is can make it I can email directions and a campus map.

Also I want to thank those members again, who helped me select photos a few months back here on PR.

Re: Shameful Self Promotion

Shameful? Hardly! Congrads on the show, I'd love to see it (and love to get to NY) but it's a little hard to get away right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Widen
    Just want to let everyone know I am having a show called "Life Samples" of my B&W mostly street photographs. The show runs from Oct 18th (today) until Fri Oct 29th with the official opening reception this Wednesday the 20th. Refreshments will be served. The exhibit is in the lobby at The Midge Karr Fine Arts Design Center at New York Institute of Technology in Old Westbury, NY which is on Long Island. In the unlikely case anyone is can make it I can email directions and a campus map.Also I want to thank those members again, who helped me select photos a few months back here on PR.
    Congratulations Gerry. It was interesting watching you work through the seletion procees, I'm glad you shared that with us.
    I'm sorry I won't be able to make it to the show but I'll be watching the more local papers for announcement of it's national tour.

Excuse me while I burn in the sky Clicker's Avatar

Self Promotion

Congratulations on your Show and Good Luck! ( which i'm sure you won't need, with skill and all!)
    Rachel

What happens when you hit a Thousand? Should I watch for Balloons?

Thanks everyone for the support. I hope everything goes well I always get a little nervous with these things.
    "When elephants fight it is the grass that suffers"
    African proverb

Liz

Congratulations!

This is wonderful news. What a great opportunity for you. It wouldn't be possible for me to get there, but you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Congratulations again, Gerry. You deserve it. BTW, you should email Charles and let him know, if you didn't already. He would be so happy for you.

Liz

Just want to let everyone know I am having a show called "Life Samples" of my B&W mostly street photographs. The show runs from Oct 18th (today) until Fri Oct 29th with the official opening reception this Wednesday the 20th. Refreshments will be served. The exhibit is in the lobby at The Midge Karr Fine Arts Design Center at New York Institute of Technology in Old Westbury, NY which is on Long Island. In the unlikely case anyone is can make it I can email directions and a campus map.

Also I want to thank those members again, who helped me select photos a few months back here on PR.

I'm glad to report the show went well. Enough refreshments for everyone and it was good to see some friends I hadn't seen in a while. I was also very happy Megan came with Reggie, it was good to see the both of them again.
    "When elephants fight it is the grass that suffers"
    African proverb

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Best of luck...

Sounds great, Gerry. Good luck with it...

I know from personal experience that Old Westbury is absolutely beautiful this time of year with its rolling hills and turning leaves. All you "city folk" should do Gerry (and yourself!) a favor and get out there for the show...
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

Congrats Gerry!

I'm glad to report the show went well. Enough refreshments for everyone and it was good to see some friends I hadn't seen in a while. I was also very happy Megan came with Reggie, it was good to see the both of them again.
    It was really fantastic to see all those prints up close and personal. His show looks great, all matted and framed. Quite an ambitious undertaking, and the show looks great.

KUDOS!

Megan

Thread Information