ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

New kid on the block

Hello everyone,
    My name is Cory and I am brand new to Photography Review. I found this sight by chance on google looking for tips on how to be a better photographer. I am a rookie to photography, but I really want to lean and get better. I just got my first camera, a Nikon Coolpix L18, and I love it. I carry it with me everywhere and take pictures like a man possessed. I want to get one of those fancy smancy SLR cameras but for now, I will work with what I have. I look forward to feedback and will post some of my pictures soon so all of you veteren photographers can tear me apart with criticism (sorry about the spelling) and I can learn. Glad to be part of the family. More to come.
    Cory

r_w

Re: New kid on the block

You'll order it right - you'll learn a lot with your current cam and when you go SLR you'll know exactly what you need. The likes of OT and some of the others can take a better shot with a pocket camera than I can with the best SLR...

Liz

Cory

Welcome to PR! You made the right decision - you will learn a lot doing exactly what you're doing with that little p&s. You'll know when you've "outgrown" it.

I look forward to seeing some of your shots........in the meantime, you picked the right place to come, learn and have a lot of fun.

Liz

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Welcome, Cory! I knew a bit about photography when I came here but learn something new almost daily. Do post some pics and you'll get plenty of helpful feedback.
    Think composition!
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

While I would sooner give up photography then be seperated from my 30D, a good P&S is nothing to laugh at.

Welcoma aboard Cory...:thumbsup:

Canon PowerShot A60 2MP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New kid on the block-head.jpg  
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Thread Information