ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Final Resting Place......

I took a little stroll through a used equipment dealers lot one day last week and found a number of items that this is probably their final resting place. Never do something like this without a camera in hand. I'm betting you have a few images around like these. Feel free to post them up here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Final Resting Place......-dsc_0975-2-640.jpg   Final Resting Place......-dsc_1056-4-640.jpg   Final Resting Place......-dsc_1002-2-640.jpg   Final Resting Place......-dsc_1040-2-640.jpg   Final Resting Place......-dsc_1047-3-640.jpg  

Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Re: Final Resting Place......

Nice set of images Larry. I really need to get out and shoot some more. I know there are tons of images out there I'm missing.

Great set of images, love them!

How can I be lost
    If I've got nowhere to go?

Sony a55 16-50mm 2.8 ssm Minolta 50mm 70-300 dt 5.6

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

I think you have a very good eye to be able to find such good images in a junk yard.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Thanks guys! These are some of the very simple things that are out there just waiting for us to come along with a camera. Certainly not great or inspired work, but something to shoot until that wonderful photo op just flings itself in front of your camera.

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

What no takers on derelict objects or machines! Ok then here are a couple more from the same location.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Final Resting Place......-dsc_1106-3bw-640.jpg   Final Resting Place......-dsc_1019-2-640.jpg   Final Resting Place......-dsc_1079-2-640.jpg   Final Resting Place......-dsc_1081-2-640.jpg   Final Resting Place......-dsc_1127-2-640.jpg  

Nikon Samurai #13

Just Lurking

I like this older stuff as well, but I'll have to see if I have something more to share. Here's something quick.

PC

The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

Here are some oldies

I took my Son and Nephew to a WW1 and WW2 museum...I love spending time with the boys...Enjoy the pics....

εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Like the second set old timer. Heres the best I could dig up. Little different take and ones been posted before.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Final Resting Place......-cross.jpg   Final Resting Place......-posters.jpg  

Nice work everyone. I love the last tractor shot OT.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Quote Originally Posted by PrevailingConditions
    I like this older stuff as well, but I'll have to see if I have something more to share. Here's something quick.

PC

Nice PC. I had gone to this location with the intent purpose of finding some gears like the ones you posted. I never came up with any so I settle for what I got. I'm still looking though, they can make for some great compositions.

Nikon Samurai #13

Quote Originally Posted by jgredline
    Here are some oldies

I took my Son and Nephew to a WW1 and WW2 museum...I love spending time with the boys...Enjoy the pics....

Wow I could have a ball at a place like this. Some very cool shots here and they sure fit the mold for this thread.

Nikon Samurai #13

Quote Originally Posted by agtaylor
    Like the second set old timer. Heres the best I could dig up. Little different take and ones been posted before.
    Your right a little different take here, but they do fit the thread title. Love that first one!

Nikon Samurai #13

Thread Information