ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    GB1

Halloween Rabbit

I think I've posted this before awhile ago, but what the heck.

Happy Halloween.

GB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Halloween Rabbit-halloweenrabbit640.jpg  
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Re: Halloween Rabbit

Nice photo. It reminded me of my wife, who has "pet" rabbits, and is a master at baking pumpkin bread! If I am doing this right, I am including a couple of my earliest digital photos showing my daughter in her Sunday dress, with an orphaned wild rabbit in her lap. Unfortunately, we could not keep the little bunny alive, and it died within a couple of hours.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Halloween Rabbit-rabbit_1.jpg   Halloween Rabbit-rabbit_2.jpg  
    Last edited by Rocket_Scientist; 10-17-2006 at 09:26 PM.
    tink ewe belly mooch

I invite your casual attention to my family Photo Site

Not-so-recent Nikon Convert livin4lax09's Avatar

I miss my rabbits now... poor things.

GB1

I miss this one too! She lived for 6 yrs though.

RS, any idea why the little bunny died? Looks in good health there, not even scared or anything.

My Site

GB: We found this little one shortly after its Mother had been... well, who knows what... eaten, carried away, something... out in our field of very long grass... well, weeds anyway. I believe it was frightened. It would not move, would not eat or drink, and eventually succumbed. I understand that's how it is with rabbits, especially wild ones. We've even had pet rabbits get "nipped" by a dog, or something, and go into a state of shock, never eating or drinking again.
    tink ewe belly mooch

I invite your casual attention to my family Photo Site

GB1

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket_Scientist
    GB: We found this little one shortly after its Mother had been... well, who knows what... eaten, carried away, something... out in our field of very long grass... well, weeds anyway. I believe it was frightened. It would not move, would not eat or drink, and eventually succumbed. I understand that's how it is with rabbits, especially wild ones. We've even had pet rabbits get "nipped" by a dog, or something, and go into a state of shock, never eating or drinking again.
    Yeah they are timid and vulnerable creatures. You have to put their minds to rest. But this echos what I've heard many times about wild animals - they generally don't live in captivity. I think it's possible here that it scared ****less being around humans and couldnt get over that. Strange how it didnt last more than a few hrs though.

If it ever happens again you could try putting it alone in a room with food and water.

Then you can use it for a model for your photography :biggrin5:

My Site

New York State Of Mind. J-Dogg Productions's Avatar

Ive posted these before but i found these in my backyard in a hole. when i found them they had no fur these pictures were taken like 2 days after that they grew so fast they could fit in the palm of your hand a week later or so they were gone i guess they left the nest but they were so cute they hopped right over to my shoes as if they wanted there picture taken. was like 5 in this hole i think
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Halloween Rabbit-bunnie2.jpg   Halloween Rabbit-bunnie5.jpg   Halloween Rabbit-bunnie6.jpg  
    J.Curreri

GB1

J-Dogg - Wow those are clear. I guess scanned film just cant beat original digital shots.

Looks like someone took the liberty of moving this to the Viewfinder. Well, Boo Hoo.
    GB

My Site

New York State Of Mind. J-Dogg Productions's Avatar

yea gb1 lol i was looking for it in the photo critic but i couldnt find it so i came here and there it was sorry i never even got to critic yours i just posted mine so i like your shot puts you into that haloween spirit you should try putting a costume on that buddy make him bunny clothes lol.

any way nice shot

Jay
    J.Curreri

Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

Is that the bunny from Monty Python's Holy Grail?

Quote Originally Posted by GB1
    J-Dogg - Wow those are clear. I guess scanned film just cant beat original digital shots.

Looks like someone took the liberty of moving this to the Viewfinder. Well, Boo Hoo.
    GB
    You can get there with scanned film, but digital has a different look to me. Kind of like the difference between listening to a CD and vinyl - both have there merits.

Did you want this in Critique? I'm not sure why it was moved, but if you want it there you might try re-posting it with an idea of what you're looking for in a critique (artistic or technical points, etc).

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

I moved it.
    It didn't seem to have any mention of wanting a critique.
    Plus when I saw it, it seemed to have taken on a life of it's own when other people started adding their own pics to it.
    Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

GB1

Aw, com'on Brian!

Megan, it's funny you ask that! It's not the same bunny but as affectionate as she was, if you messed with her, Watch Out! She would not only bite and claw but charge at you! The strangest thing was that immediately after one of her little temper flairs she'd be right back to licking and being happy again. Figure that one out.

another view - yeah, I'm not sure what I was doing... I guess it really does belong in the Viewfinder. It's so hard to pose rabbits, it's not like someone could suggest that I have her shoulders 15 more degrees to the right, etc.... You just snap away and hope for the best. I do own a very high-res film scanner (Nikon Coolscan 9000 I believe), but it just can't get the same sharpness as digital. However, it appears that scanned film still seems a bit more 3-D than digital - What are you thoughts on that?

J-Dogg - Beautiful animals there. Glad to hear they were friendly and Photo Hams.. Maybe you'll see them around again one day.

GB

My Site

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GB1
    Aw, com'on Brian!
    What!?

All you had to do was say, Comments or Critiques welcome or somthing like that.
    If you want it moved back we cand do that.
    Just say the word!
    Brian
    :thumbsup:
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

GB1

Quote Originally Posted by mtbbrian
    What!?

All you had to do was say, Comments or Critiques welcome or somthing like that.
    If you want it moved back we cand do that.
    Just say the word!
    Brian
    :thumbsup:
    Ha.. heck, I don't really know the rules?! Of course, comments and critiques are welcome though... no such thing as bad publicity!

Gb

My Site

Thread Information