ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

Hey Chicago People!

I didn't post before because everything went through last minute. I am in Chicago... until Saturday late afternoon. I have to shoot tonight and tomorrow during the day at the Auto Show - so if you're at the auto show tomorrow and see a 5'8" black-haired photographer juggling two Olympus dSLRs running around, say hello!

Megan

Re: Hey Chicago People!

Actually we knew about it and all fled town.

I've never made it to the auto show but a friend has shot it a couple of times. How did it go? I'm just getting home (about 80 miles from Chicago) from a weekend roadtrip to KC...

I wish I would have seen this on Friday morning, since I was considering going but I didn't. I am going to try and make it during the week.

So Megan, are you going to post some pictures?

James

Hey!!!! Well, you can all return to Chicago now, I'm back in NYC.
    I will post some pictures soon. I didn't take any (for myself) at the auto show... Chicago was the 4th auto show I've been to in a month, and at this point I've seen it all! However, I did take some wonderfully typical tourist shots - so once I go through them I will share a few.

You're probably better off not having gone Friday morning. I didn't get there until almost 1 on Friday, but from what my client said, all morning it was full of teenagers.

Quote Originally Posted by megan
    You're probably better off not having gone Friday morning. I didn't get there until almost 1 on Friday, but from what my client said, all morning it was full of teenagers.
    I think this is a common thing all week as many schools take kids for a field trip. This was my experience from last year.

I remember seeing the other thread about the Auto Show that you shot and some pictures from it, that was the reason that I asked if you were going to post some.

Well at least we had good weather while you were here.

James

I'm finally going to post-process this afternoon, so I'll be posting pics soon.
    They go to the auto show as a field trip? Interesting!
    The weather was pretty decent. The snow Friday night was nice. I was at the Orbit Room with some friends when it started snowing. Very pretty, and not too much!

Thread Information