• 02-02-2009, 08:53 AM
    Didache
    Re: Greg McCary in serious accident
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Xia_Ke
    Hey guys, I just got off the phone with the hospital and since he's in ICU, he can't receive flowers or gifts. However they do have a free "Cheer Card" service if anyone wants to send along their thoughts and prayers to him. Here is a link for those interested:

http://www.atlantamedcenter.com/CWS/...language=en-US

What a great idea! I've got mine off.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if Greg got a whole fistful from his friends here at PR, to show the esteem in which we hold him?

Mike
  • 02-02-2009, 09:05 AM
    Alison
    Oh my goodness Greg!
    I had only just started chatting with him too! Get well soon Greg!
  • 02-02-2009, 09:07 AM
    mtbbrian
    I just sent a card!
    Great idea Aaron.
    Brian
  • 02-02-2009, 09:52 AM
    PrevailingConditions
    Nora & Greg,

I am very sorry to hear about Greg's accident. Please give him my very best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery. Our thoughts and prayers are with him.

PC
  • 02-02-2009, 09:55 AM
    freygr
    My prayers are for a quick recovery.
  • 02-02-2009, 10:01 AM
    Photo-John
    Nora and Greg-
    Thanks for giving us the news, Nora. Greg is a big part of this site and I'm glad you made sure we knew what happened. I'm very glad he's to hear he's not paralyzed. That's a big fall and it sounds like he's very lucky. Please keep us updated as much as you can. Let him know that there are people here who care about him and he's more than just another photographer to us. He's an important member of this community and an inspiration to many of us. I love his photography and appreciate his help on the forums and enthusiasm for the Olympus gear.

I hope his recovery is speedy and complete and he can get back out there with the camera as soon as possible. Please keep us posted and let us know if there's anything we can do to help.
  • 02-02-2009, 10:08 AM
    shootme
    Dear Nora, thank you so much for sharing this I trust you are doing well and holding up. I am very sorry to hear of Greg's accident, he is a great inspiration to many of us and certainly to me with his candid feedback and advice here and I wish him a speedy recovery and strength for you. Cheers, Shootme (Peter)
  • 02-02-2009, 10:21 AM
    Mr Yuck
    Here's to a speedy recovery.

Greg will be in my prayers as well
  • 02-02-2009, 10:32 AM
    A.M.D.A.
    Oh no, very sorry to hear. :( :sad: :(

Greg, I hope you will get better soon, my prayers for a speedy recovery. You are an awesome PR member, and inspire me many times with your excellent photography and feedback/critiques.

P.S. I tried to send a card too, but the URL did not work, I'll try again a bit later.

Alex
  • 02-02-2009, 11:03 AM
    Frog
    Thanks for sharing that link, Aaron. I'm off to click on it now.
  • 02-02-2009, 11:03 AM
    JETA
    Nora,

I'm so sad and sorry to read what happened to Greg.

Sending him many healing prayers and prayers for strength.
  • 02-02-2009, 11:13 AM
    Liz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Didache
    What a great idea! I've got mine off.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if Greg got a whole fistful from his friends here at PR, to show the esteem in which we hold him?

Mike

Just sent mine.

Liz
  • 02-02-2009, 11:18 AM
    drg
    Nora,

You have my deepest sympathies and prayers. We never think of taking photographs as being hazardous, and when accidents occur they are particularly shocking.

I'll will keep trying to use the link to the Atlanta Medical center you provided to send more 'best wishes'.

Be thankful for the good part of the report you have received already and for those magic helicopter rides!

We will all be thinking of him and awaiting his return!
  • 02-02-2009, 11:29 AM
    hollis
    shocking news.
    Greg & Nora, my thoughts & prayers are with you.
  • 02-02-2009, 12:05 PM
    Photo-John
    Thanks a lot for that link, Aaron. I just sent a card. I know those cards will mean a lot to Greg. Let's keep them coming!
  • 02-02-2009, 12:09 PM
    SmartWombat
    Sorry to hear about the accident, you're not meant to suffer that for your art Greg !
    I'm glad that you've avoided more serious injury, though that fall sounds bad enough.
    I think I got the med. center link to work, there's a card on the way.
    Not that the photos are anyway near as good as yours :)
    Best wishes, to both of you.
  • 02-02-2009, 12:11 PM
    Alison
    He's gonna get alot of cards lol.
    I sent one too. But mine is to be delivered by hand :D
  • 02-02-2009, 12:15 PM
    Old Timer
    Just got my card out. Thanks for finding that link and getting it to us.
  • 02-02-2009, 01:35 PM
    KyRain
    Thank you all for your prayers, support and concern. Greg broke his C-6,C-7 vertebrae and thoracic 6 though 10. His surgery was postponed due to his oxygen level being too low. His dr is setting Friday as tentative date to try again.

Thank you again, you are all wonderful and it will mean much to Greg. God bless.
  • 02-02-2009, 02:28 PM
    Sebastian
    Nora,

I'm unable to send a card through the hospital's system. Please tell Greg that I'm wishing him the best. Well, wishing both of you the best. Hang in there. Thanks for letting us know.
  • 02-02-2009, 02:59 PM
    Abiciriderback
    Thank you for the link that is a great concept.
    Looking forward to seeing Greg back on the forum with a full and speedy recovery.

Ray Still
  • 02-02-2009, 03:12 PM
    Cathathome
    Quote:

Originally Posted by KyRain
    Thank you all for your prayers, support and concern. Greg broke his C-6,C-7 vertebrae and thoracic 6 though 10. His surgery was postponed due to his oxygen level being too low. His dr is setting Friday as tentative date to try again.

Thank you again, you are all wonderful and it will mean much to Greg. God bless.

Nora, Greg won't know me as I'm fairly new to this forum, but I was as shocked and dismayed as everyone else to learn of his accident and injuries. You both have my heartfelt wishes for a smooth surgery and speedy recovery.

All the best,
  • 02-02-2009, 04:43 PM
    A.M.D.A.
    Minutes ago I got a chance to quickly "borrow" a family member's computer (WinXP OS) and the link did work. Not with mine (Linux 8.10 OS). :confused:

Card's been sent, hand-delivered also. :)

Alex
  • 02-02-2009, 05:19 PM
    titan
    wow terrible accident, I wish all the best to both of you!
  • 02-02-2009, 06:05 PM
    Pink Dragonfly
    Thank you, Nora, for letting us know - I only just logged on and saw your post. I'm so so sorry to hear about Greg's accident, and you are both in my prayers. Greg has always been a good friend to me, always helpful - I've learnt a lot from him - and a great inspiration with his wonderful photos. I just posted a hand delivered card (thanks, Aaron!), I hope it gets there. From across the world in Copenhagen, my thoughts go to you and I send my best wishes.
    Lots of love,
    Mette