• 03-27-2009, 05:54 AM
    draymorton
    Re: Greg McCary in serious accident
    Quote:

Originally Posted by KyRain
    Anna and I visited Greg Sun evening and it was very different from all our other visits because he CAN TALK NOW!! He is off the vent for 16hrs at a time and I expect he will be fully weaned this week? I am very proud of him!! He is doing absolutely great. He started Physical Therapy today.

Wow! That is what I call amazing news. Talking is a quantum leap in the right direction. Please let us know how he progresses with the PT.

I'd like to send him another card, as well. Can that be arranged?
  • 03-27-2009, 10:52 AM
    readingr
    Great news, Just wondering how long it will be before he asks for his camera :D

Send him all my best wishes and tell him to hurry up he's missed a huge amount.

Roger R.
  • 03-27-2009, 10:57 AM
    Old Timer
    Every update seems to bring better news. I couldn't to happier for Greg. Please continue to know we still are thinking of you and look forward to every update.
  • 04-02-2009, 10:23 PM
    susaan
    Very,very happy for you !!!
  • 04-05-2009, 08:53 PM
    KyRain
    Hi everyone, sorry so long posting, just been super busy. Greg is still on track and getting stronger and better every day. He should have his laptop this week so.......(keep your fingers crossed) HE will be updating for himself very soon. (I can't wait).

Many thanks to everyone, many times over. Nora
  • 04-05-2009, 09:02 PM
    EOSThree
    I can't wait until he can update for himself either. Glad to hear he's getting stronger. I look forward to seeing your posts on Greg's progress. Thanks for keeping us all updated.
    http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...MG_0928-10.jpg
  • 04-05-2009, 10:14 PM
    shootme
    That's great news, go Greg go. I'm very happy for you Nora, this must be a great relief.
  • 04-06-2009, 05:04 AM
    Liz
    Nora,

This is AWESOME - the BEST news! I will be going away on retreat until next week, so I may miss the "homecoming" party! However, I will pray for Greg and you and Anna each day while I'm on retreat.

In the meantime:

Greg - I hope you're here before I get back! You are sure loved around here - as you can see! It will be awesome when I return from retreat and see you posting again!

Nora - please please stick around and keep posting! Don't leave - you're part of the family now!

God bless you all!

Liz
  • 04-06-2009, 05:26 AM
    SmartWombat
    Nora, that's wonderful news !
    If he has the energy to sit up and DO things, that's great.

In our hospitals they are very fussy about patient electronic equipment interfering with theirs.
    And if they let him have his laptop that means the medical machinery is going away.
    I'm so happy for you !
  • 04-06-2009, 05:56 AM
    Grandpaw
    That's fantastic news :thumbsup: :thumbsup: let him know we are all still thinking about all of you and hoping and expecting the best! Jeff
  • 04-06-2009, 06:57 AM
    ladybugamanda
    What great and exciting news!!!!!! In anticipation of Greg updating us himself...WELCOME BACK, GMC!!!! Nice to see you again!!!
  • 04-06-2009, 08:22 PM
    GB1
    Hey, so when they gonna plop a laptop in front of Greg so we can welcome him BACK to the boards!?? Hope all is well

Gb
  • 04-06-2009, 11:06 PM
    KyRain
    Hmmmmm Paul, I THINK it has been cleared with the hospital staff,(might have to check on that). Greg told me he hoped to have it this week, GB1. I don't have it or I would have already brought it to him. He is BORED. As you can just imagine. I have been telling him how wonderful you all have been. He was tired today and wasn't as strong sounding as he has been but I am sure he needs down days to rest.
    Liz- I will not leave. I can't express how much everyone's encouragement, support and prayers have meant to me.
  • 04-07-2009, 02:12 AM
    Alison
    Ooh I am looking forward to chatting with him again :D
  • 04-07-2009, 06:34 AM
    susaan
    This is what I've been waiting to hear..awesome news,indeed - boredom sounds good to me,'cos it shows how far he has come.:D
  • 04-07-2009, 08:48 AM
    PRB
    Amazing answer to all our prayers! Thank You God for seeing Greg through all of this.

I am really looking forward to hearing from you again Greg. Hang in there and don't do too much too soon.

With Love, Prayers & Hugs,
    Penny
  • 04-07-2009, 10:30 AM
    Overbeyond
    I'm so relieved and delighted for you Greg! Wonderful progress.

Thanks to you Nora for being the bearer of this great news.
    Tom
  • 04-07-2009, 10:45 AM
    photophorous
    Thanks for the updates, Nora. We're all looking forward to hearing from Greg.

Paul
  • 04-07-2009, 09:18 PM
    KyRain
    Sorry guys, the hospital is not set up for patients to use a computer in their room...:(

I guess I should have thought it through (thanks Paul for bringing to my attention that might be an issue) I take internet access for granted.
  • 04-08-2009, 05:50 AM
    Old Timer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by KyRain
    Sorry guys, the hospital is not set up for patients to use a computer in their room...:(

I guess I should have thought it through (thanks Paul for bringing to my attention that might be an issue) I take internet access for granted.

Sorry to hear that. I was looking forward to a few words from him. Please keep us up to date.
  • 04-08-2009, 08:22 AM
    Dylan8i
    That should just give him more motivation to get better quickly so he CAN get out and use computer and camera again!

glad to hear he is still improving though. And hope to hear from him soon!
  • 04-09-2009, 11:40 AM
    mtbbrian
    Keep getting better Greg!
    Hang in there Nora!
    :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Brian
  • 04-09-2009, 08:35 PM
    KyRain
    Never say never....Greg may just get to use a computer afterall....
    (sometimes I feel like many of the answers to questions we are given can be disproven with what I call the Wizard of Oz Theory--that theory being that no matter what we are told if you take a little dog out of basket he may just pull a big, heavy curtain with his teeth and reveal a different answer than what you were told to begin with....:)

We'll find out Friday. Keep your fingers crossed. Greg says he has some device
    (have I mentioned that I am not a very technical minded person)so he CAN use his laptop.

Nora (not Oz)
  • 04-10-2009, 07:52 AM
    SmartWombat
    Most hospitals don't provide internet access over here. Despite its use being more and more prevalent among the younger generation, it's the older generation that seem to get into hospital most for long stays, and they don't ask for it.

Interference should not be a problem if he's not in a shared ward/room and he's not on support equipment. So I hope a way can be found for him to get online.
  • 04-10-2009, 11:08 AM
    freygr
    If he is not in a area where cell phones are band, the he can use a wires cell type connection.