ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Lightbulb Ghostly hand-experiments

playing with creating double exposures with a digital manual setting f/2.8, 4secs, auto timer...converted to BW and adjusted-- "fixed"-- curves and contrast to taste...lighting was a single 25 watt bulb

I was REALLY excited about the fact the hand being see through....woah!

Bored out of my gourd as my hubby watched the only(well three) football games of the season that he watches....

same subject just different positions...I think I like the second one if any of them ...

Commments please!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ghostly hand-experiments-hand1.jpg   Ghostly hand-experiments-hands2.jpg   Ghostly hand-experiments-hands3.jpg  
    Last edited by natatbeach; 02-01-2004 at 10:49 PM. Reason: wanted to add one more thing
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Do the third one again without the bamboo/cane lid/basket (what ever it is) I like the vase/flowers in the second one, and the position of the hand in the third one.

Tell me how do you do that, using the timer to trip the camera, set speed at 4 seconds what is the aperture you used as well.

I know it is time lap photography, but just wondering how you get your hand positioned without obvious bluring.

Lightbulb how

easiest fun you can have....depending on the light---I find it works best in low lighting...because your "exposure" time can be longer

my camera has a WAY limited range of aperture settings so generally it tends to give me an option in low light of 2.4-8.8

this was set at at 2.8 I believe and set the self timer for 4 seconds...

position the camera using tripod or flat hard surface ANY movment will blurr everything..

and as the camera is doing it's countdown I positioned my hand and left it there for 2-3 of the 4 secs and wisk it away fast.

you can do "ghostly" portraits too by being in the shot and just ducking away.

No real exciting technical stuff...just A LOT of experimentation.

I re shoot and try other
    take care Peter
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Thanks Natalie, that simple.

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by natatbeach
    playing with creating double exposures with a digital manual setting f/2.8, 4secs, auto timer...converted to BW and adjusted-- "fixed"-- curves and contrast to taste...lighting was a single 25 watt bulb

I was REALLY excited about the fact the hand being see through....woah!

Bored out of my gourd as my hubby watched the only(well three) football games of the season that he watches....

same subject just different positions...I think I like the second one if any of them ...

Commments please!

I WILL TRY THIS! these are great, love the concept!!!
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Wow

That's really neat. Now I have something else on my list of things I want to try.

adina

Heres the ones i did one late night with just the warm glow of a tv. i think its pretty cool considering i was holding the camera at arms lenght.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ghostly hand-experiments-me.jpg  

Wow is right,

Quote Originally Posted by adina
    That's really neat. Now I have something else on my list of things I want to try.

adina
    I like the second shot as well. Very cool. Great imagination.

jeff

thanks

thanks for your encouragement as always...hope things are settling down for you

hugs to you
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Thread Information