ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Inspired by Adina

I always enjoy Adina's photos of her kids and wanted to be able to do my own. People photography is definately not what I'm good at, so it's been my focus to improve in this area. Here's two that I'm pretty happy with....

The first one is of my baby girl. don't know how she got her hands on the candy, but she did and it wasn't easy getting them away from her!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Inspired by Adina-jill-eating-candy.jpg   Inspired by Adina-josh-swingset.jpg  

Re: Inspired by Adina

These are both really great shots! That first one is so classic. (I went through this yesterday with jello)
    and the one below at the park (presumably) is very cute!
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Blog

Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
    - Marx

Re: Inspired by Adina

Hey thanks!

I love that first one. We had a similar situation with lip gloss once. And cotton balls. And shampoo. I watch my kids. Really, I do.
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

First One!

The first one is a winner, for sure! How can anyone ever get tired of babies covered in food? I think this one is a bit more meaningful since it's a little girl, getting started on the chocolate addiction ;)

I'm not saying that the ladies have issues with chocolate. Or ice cream. Absolutely not!

One little criticism - I wish the chocolates in the foreground hadn't been cropped. I think it would be nice to see the whole mess of empty wrappers.

And one question (sorry) - how was the resulting diaper?
    Last edited by Photo-John; 09-22-2005 at 11:55 AM.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: First One!

Thanks everyone! And I got lucky, I didin't change that diaper!

Sees is a tradition in our house, per person we consume plenty! She's just in a hurry to follow suit!

Do any of you think the barrel distortion is distracting? Part of the resulting crop is to cut out as much of the cabinet door and tile as I could to cut back on some of that distortion. I had a hard time figuring out what is supposed to be vertical/horizontal!

Thread Information