ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Flipping birds...

One of the perks of being a photographer, is all the countless birds that get flipped towards you. Something about the camera just inspires that impulse in people. It always makes some statement in the image as well, good stuff. Lets start a thread with bird flippers, heres a few I dug up today.

- Charlie

Feel free to edit and repost my work as a part of your critique.

Re: Flipping birds...

HAHA! I stumbled across another pair while digging around. FYI It must be said, the 2 children depicted doing this were not taught to do this. The girl was just relaxing and just happened to choose to hold her chin up with that finger, the boy got a "boo-boo" on his finger and he was showing me which finger was hurting. But, everybody else was pretty well aware of what the middle finger means.

- Charlie

Nature/Wildlife Forum Co-Moderator Loupey's Avatar

I've never been flipped one while shooting (now driving - that's a whole different story )

I guess I'll have to start asking them.
    Please do not edit or repost my images.

See my website HERE.

What's a Loupe for anyway?

n8

my buddy between shooting his daughter...classy...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flipping birds...-ferriswheelcolor-1-1-.jpg  
    mostly Nikon gear

Feel free to edit my images for critique, just let me know what you did.

Loupey - You get flipped off while driving? Is that a frequent thing lol? I am surprised that you don't get flipped the bird more frequently, I assumed it was just a common thing with photographers, I guess its just my special charms that inspire that bird-flipping sentiment, haha!

N8! Wall portrait! Looks like a good 16x20!
    - Charlie

n8

Yeah, his brother coined it as the new Kramer!
    mostly Nikon gear

Feel free to edit my images for critique, just let me know what you did.

Nature/Wildlife Forum Co-Moderator Loupey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anbesol View Post
    Loupey - You get flipped off while driving? Is that a frequent thing lol? I am surprised that you don't get flipped the bird more frequently, I assumed it was just a common thing with photographers, I guess its just my special charms that inspire that bird-flipping sentiment, haha!
    I despise rude drivers and bad drivers and I let them know that they are rude drivers and/or bad drivers. I'd say that this results in over 90% success rating of getting the bird as a response.
    Please do not edit or repost my images.

See my website HERE.

What's a Loupe for anyway?

When I was a kid and went to concerts everyone was about peace signs, now go to a concert and it's all about the bird, lol.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Anbesol, LOVE that very last shot you posted! The kid's expression is perfect! :lol:

lol thanks, thats my boy!

Jet - any bird flippin pics? I thought that the flipped bird was a very common photography thing, lol, maybe I am just so inspiring that way! lol.

Greg - I went to rockfest this year, didn't see a whole ton of birds, mostly just devil horns. Not a single peace sign though lol, the peace sign has been replaced by devil horns. Hmmm, a sign of the times, maybe.

Loupey - Where I am, the roads are so flat and straight, the whole street system is on a grid-line with huge lanes and streetlights lighting up every bit of pavement. It really doesn't take a whole lot of brains to drive on these roads, all of those factors make driving pretty easy, so road rage is fortunately a rarity around here.

I'll soon be driving in the mountains in Utah, where people think its just plain peachy to ride 12 inches behind you going 55 zigging around the side of a mountain cliff. They may look at me and think I'm a lousy tourist, but I only want to comply with speed limits and the rules of the road, which I think many natives think are just silly suggestions.
    Last edited by Anbesol; 06-07-2011 at 09:14 AM.
    - Charlie

Thread Information