ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

First shoot with 5D

KM 5d that is. Today was my first chance to get out with it, since I got it last week. These are all f/4, iso1600. Part of our cherry blossom festival.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First shoot with 5D-pict0209.jpg   First shoot with 5D-pict0174.jpg   First shoot with 5D-pict0171.jpg  
    Last edited by payn817; 03-18-2006 at 03:55 PM.

Re: First shoot with 5D

Payn,

Great shots and glad to see the new gear is performing well! I love the first one, great colors!

Well done,

Jared

Thanks Jared, unfortunately I didn't process these, and set my camera a bit too high in contrast, and saturation, lesson learned. However, the reworks are in my gallery. I had no idea how different it would be to go from p&s and film to dslr.
    finally got to processing today though...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First shoot with 5D-pict0171_filtered.jpg  

I initially thought from the title of your thread that you were talking about the Canon 5D, which i am considering purchasing.
    These shots look very good, and especially at that ISO I don't see much noise. Colors and saturation are rich. I like the top image of the three initially posted, and also the latest one you have posted. I too, am going to have to make the transitional adjustment from working with scanned negatives to processing RAW data.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Thread Information