ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: Who are you?

Ghost

Who are you?

Ummmm. Hi everyone

I've been gone for a while now working out my life. Which I'm hpapy to report will be getting a much needed change in the coming months.

Photography wise, I haven't touched a camera in months. But you better damn well believe that I still use my photographic eye hundreds of times a day. So, it's still in me

I'll be moving soon. Back to Illinois actually. I'm quitting my job (shhh! don't tell, they don't know yet!). All of this should happen before Christmas. Oh, the only bad news is that my girlfriend and I have decided to separate (after 5 good years together). She and I have no regrets and it's a mutual decision. Who knows what the future holds for us but for now we're gonig our own ways.

I've been miserable the past year or so. I've missed you all here too. I feel I should apologize for neglecting my friends here but on the other hand it was something I needed to do for myself.

I hope all is well for everyone else. I must say it's great to see that so many familiar faces are still here.

Trevor

sad news

Sorry to hear about the less than happy changes in your life but ..
    (raising a glass of non alcoholic bubbly)

Here's to the rest of 2004 that it stays even keel and spurs you on to new exciting things in life...

Sorry to hear about your losses but glad that you have a plan to look forward to...take care. ;)
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Trevor,

Sorry to hear about the breakup. Things get tough sometimes, glad to hear it ended on good terms. A good friend of mine sufferefd the opposite fate, and now has to refinance a brand new house they bought together, while she's shopping around for a new place to live.

When you get to Illinois, look me up. I have been wanting to shake your hand for a long time.

Take care, looking forward to sharing this booooooring state with you.
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Yeah, Trev, been thinking about you...

Sounds like life happening. Glad to see you're surviving...

You probably missed the thread, but it looks pretty good that I'll be taking a long weekend trip to the Bay area in October:

CALI dudes, where are you???

Where are you in CA? And more importantly, when do you think you'll be heading east?

Sure would be great to hook up with you while I'm on the west coast...
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Ghost
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian
    Trevor,

Sorry to hear about the breakup. Things get tough sometimes, glad to hear it ended on good terms. A good friend of mine sufferefd the opposite fate, and now has to refinance a brand new house they bought together, while she's shopping around for a new place to live.

When you get to Illinois, look me up. I have been wanting to shake your hand for a long time.

Take care, looking forward to sharing this booooooring state with you.
    We're definetely going to meet. We probably have some things in common too =) I'll be sure to keep in contact with you via these boards until I actually get up there. BTW, I'll be going to Gurnee to start but may eventually move to Crystal Lake.

Ghost
    Quote Originally Posted by Asylum Steve
    Sounds like life happening. Glad to see you're surviving...

You probably missed the thread, but it looks pretty good that I'll be taking a long weekend trip to the Bay area in October:

CALI dudes, where are you???

Where are you in CA? And more importantly, when do you think you'll be heading east?

Sure would be great to hook up with you while I'm on the west coast...
    Hi Steve. I'd love the opportunity to meet you and won't pass it up. My plans are completely up in the air at the moment but I am at least certain that I want to be in Illinois before Christmas. I was thinking of leaving here at the end of November so that would work out fine with your October time frame.

I'm in a smallish town called Windsor (70 miles north of San F.) but I have no problems going down to John and Loren's vicinity. My schedule is pretty darn easy to work with so I don't anticipate any problems working mine into yours.

Hi Trevor, sorry to hear the news

Hi Trevor,

I'm sorry to hear about the break up and the big change in location and in your life. I'm glad it was a smooth breakup and hope the best for you.

Don't forget about the FTP/Email connection because I would still like to you use your photographic / digital talent when you are ready. (see new post). It's good to take time for yourself and I'm glad that you did. Life is too short to be miserable, for even a year and change can be good.

Take care of yourself!! and we'll be in touch!

Loren
    Loren Crannell
    LC Photography
    Visit My Website

* Any photographer worth his salt has 10,000 bad negatives under his belt. - Ansel Adams

Liz

Smile Hey Trevor......Welcome Back!

Trevor -

It's good to "see" you around PR again. I've missed your posts and have wondered what you've been up to. I'm sorry to hear that this past year has been challenging in so many ways for you. However, it sounds as though things are beginning to come together. Thanks for coming back and sharing with your many friends on PR.

Keep us updated - and let us hear from you. Sounds like you still have your photographic eye ;)

Liz

Suck it up buttercup!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have to take care of #1 first, and that's you. Cardinal rule in life is, keep yourself happy, no matter what.

You take care of yourself, pick up a camera when your ready (you will know) and turn and face the world head on. Cheers.

Hodgy

Yeah, Trevor, life is sure one strange ride, and I'm glad to read that you've got your head together and making some good changes. Keep us posted, and I hope you get that camera back in your hands soon.

Thread Information