Betcha thought it was going to be about cars!

From 1919 to 1987 the Firestone company operated a plant in Hamilton with the first tire rolling off the line on September 15th, 1922. By the time the company shut down the plant in 1987 it employed 1,300 laborers who all lost their job. The plant was officially shut down a year later in 1988. The city of Hamilton then proceeded to build a recycling facility taking up the front part of the property and connecting it to the Firestone plant. But recently this bridge is being demolished, allowing people to drive right onto the property, but the guards from the nearby Rod Mill #2 like to keep an eye. Myself and Partical Man had an encounter with them on Saturday.

Anyways...photos! (black and white are taken using a Nikon F80 with a Nikkor AF-D 24mm f/2.8 using Ilford Super XP2 film ISO 400, rest are either my old Lumix FZ7 or my D70s)

Sitting next to the plant itself is the smaller, lesser known partner to the plant, the Firestone Boiler, it is a treasure trove. (Taken using Nikon F80, Nikkor AF-D 24mm f/2.8 Kodak Elite Crome ISO 200, Lumix FZ7, D70s)

And one last one off the roof of the Boiler house...one of my favourite shots...