ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Didache & Overbeyond meet up in London!

Hi all - today Tom (overbeyond) and myself met up in London. It was a lovely Indian-summer day and we walked in the docklands area - once derelict warehouses, now expensive apartments and trendy pubs!

The first picture here is Tom and myself in the London underground (knowing me, where else?? ) The second picture is the pub we found to have some refreshment (established 1520!) The third is Tom enjoying a pint of London Pride beer

Cheers
    Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Didache & Overbeyond meet up in London!-01-jpg.jpg   Didache & Overbeyond meet up in London!-02-jpg.jpg   Didache & Overbeyond meet up in London!-03-jpg.jpg  
    Mike Dales ARPS
    My website: www.mikedalesphotography.co.uk

Re: Didache & Overbeyond meet up in London!

And three from the walk itself ...

The first is a detail from a small bridge .. the second is a man feeding gulls by tossing bits of bread in the air .. the third is a detail from one of the old warehouses.

Over to Tom now!

Cheers
    Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Didache & Overbeyond meet up in London!-04-jpg.jpg   Didache & Overbeyond meet up in London!-05-jpg.jpg   Didache & Overbeyond meet up in London!-06-jpg.jpg  
    Mike Dales ARPS

That's great you guys got to meet up.

Mike, I always think this so I guess I should tell you. I admire your work. Your photography is amazing and every time you post pics I can hardly wait for the page to load so I can look at them. That's the truth!
    It's not blurry. It's bokeh.

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II
    Canon EOS 1D Mark III
    Canon 24-70mm EF f/2.8L
    Canon 24-105mm EF f/4L IS
    Canon Zoom Telephoto EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
    Canon 17-40mm EF f/4L
    Canon 15mm F/2.8 EF Fisheye Lens
    Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro
    Canon 50mm f/1.8
    Canon 600EX-RT Speedlite
    Canon 580EX Speedlite
    Canon EOS Rebel 300D

What a lovely day we had out along the Thames. Had a couple of pints and shared good stories and jokes. Also took (sorry Mike "made") some photographs.
    First up is a portrait of the artist as a pipe smoker.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Didache & Overbeyond meet up in London!-imgp0204sm.jpg  
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

One of Mike preparing his sermon for next Sunday or maybe even admiring the beautiful shots he took of me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Didache & Overbeyond meet up in London!-imgp0185sm.jpg  

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

Also managed a shot or two without Mike in them!
    I'm off to bed now; more tomorrow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Didache & Overbeyond meet up in London!-imgp0191sm.jpg  

I am glad to see you guys getting together. I think we should let the ladies have a poll on who's the prettiest.LOL. Are you both Pentax shooters?
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

And one more from me before bed ...

This is Tom taking a pic of me, taking a pic of him, taking a pic of me ..... London Underground again, just before we went our separate ways

JETA - thank you very much for your kind words .. it is very much appreciated

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Didache & Overbeyond meet up in London!-07-jpg.jpg  
    Mike Dales ARPS

prospect of whitby ??

familiar..

isle of dogs ?? if so might it be the pub that i want to say daniel parsons or similar owned way back when..

stretching my memory and unfortunately after too many visits to places like the prospect er, let's just say i don't think as clearly as i used to.. !!!

:blush2: :blush2:

still love the underground pictures...

looks like you had a good day out, in all contexts !!

:thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCary
    I am glad to see you guys getting together. I think we should let the ladies have a poll on who's the prettiest.LOL. Are you both Pentax shooters?
    Thanks Greg
    Yes, we both have similar cameras Pentax K10d. (You won't hold that against us! lol).
    Yesterday was my first real outing with mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCary
    Greg - I think in competitions I'd best stick to photography!!

threelions .. it was more Wapping I think (or at least not far from Wapping tube) - good beer though

overbeyond - nice sharp pic of me with the pipe - even if I do have eyebrows I've borrowed from Denis Healey!

Cheers
    Mike
    Mike Dales ARPS

Let me echo JETA's statement Mike. I have really come to enjoy your images and these little get to-gathers are just great. So glad that you are including us in you adventures. Your underground series of photos have been a real joy to follow. Hope you have more adventures planed with our PR friends on your side of the pond.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Here's a few more from me.
    First up
    The Greebhouse Effect
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Didache & Overbeyond meet up in London!-imgp0175sm.jpg  

Another house with a different effect
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Didache & Overbeyond meet up in London!-imgp0177sm.jpg  

"Took her sailing on the river
    Flow sweet river flow
    London Town was mine to give her
    Sweet Thames flow softly"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Didache & Overbeyond meet up in London!-imgp0211sm.jpg  

Good hair day!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Didache & Overbeyond meet up in London!-imgp0198sm.jpg  

Photographer spotted on Underground without permit but with two pints.:blush2:

Thanks for a great day Mike.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Didache & Overbeyond meet up in London!-imgp0220sm.jpg  

From Shadwell dock to Nine Elms Reach we cheek to cheek were dancing
    Her necklace made of London Bridge her beauty was enhancing
    Kissed her once again at Wapping, flow, sweet river, flow
    After that there was no stopping, sweet Thames, flow softly

Great song that one!

Cheers
    Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Didache & Overbeyond meet up in London!-08-jpg.jpg   Didache & Overbeyond meet up in London!-09-jpg.jpg  
    Mike Dales ARPS

Quote Originally Posted by Didache
    Great song that one!

Cheers
    Mike
    Mike, it's obvious that you and I didn't get where we are today by simply taking photographs

MJS
    Digital Video Moderator

Makes me wish I had the time and money to go over and visit again. My son is off to colege next year, so my travelling will be limited to going to the bank to fill out loan applications. great series gentlemen, hoist one or two for me while your at it.
    Michael
    Nikon Samurai #8
    Avid Editor
    Sony Shogun

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

What more could anyone ask for than a buddy with a penchant for photography and some great places to shoot.
    Well done you two.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Thread Information