ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Most Interesting Cameras Introduced This Year?

For the past couple of weeks I've been thinking about the most interesting cameras of the year. I think there have been a lot of interesting announcements this year. I started a thread with a list of what I think are the most interesting cameras of 2013 on the Digital Cameras Forum. Check it out and let me know what you think:

Most Interesting Cameras Of 2013?

Please let me know if you think anything is missing or you disagree with me. I worked on that list for a few days but it wouldn't surprise me at all if I've forgotten something important.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: Most Interesting Cameras Introduced This Year?

For me it would be the A7r.

The Nikon AW1 stood out because I've always loved compact rugged quality cameras. My guess is I'd have taken the plunge if a rev b or gen 2 was out with the waterproof lenses having IS, better flash options, and more granular control in the menus or buttons.

The one enough "interesting" for me to write a check was Canon's SLR evolution in 70D and STM lenses. I was keeping what I used for still photos and capturing video separate. The 70D live view auto focus with STM lenses put sports shooter and capable video cam in one package that works by itself or expands big time if you add all the SLR system components and add external mic.

Neither of these two that stood out for me are for ultimate pixel peepers and micro analysis but really good for just using the stuff.

The Nikon Df, I would of purchased it but I needed a camera sooner than the release date.
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

Thread Information