ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

It's a small world

So I'm at the race in Chicago, walked out of the Indy garages, down pit lane, watched qualifying, took a few photos, then back out through the Nascar garages.
    Passing the trucks and someone calls "Paul" well I thought there's a lot of Paul's about, but then I looked and saw Jimmy B !
    Now then, if he'd shouted "Wombat" I'd have known exactly who he was talking to

It really is a small world, isn't it?

Yes, I am shorter than him.
    Yes, my beard is going white.
    Yes, I could have framed it better with the GH-1 twisting screen (but it had the 45-200 on it).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails It's a small world-_8280757.jpg  
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Re: It's a small world

Isn't it just. And, I am still in time to wish you a "Happy Birthday Paul"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails It's a small world-img_1032_640c.jpg  

Happy Birthday Paul, It was a real surprise to meet Angie and yourself. It totally made my weekend.
    My side of the story goes as this, I was standing there in post qualifying impound and i was watching folks go by and I looked at this gentleman and said to my self that's Paul from the site.I called out his name and he turned and looked at each other and we couldn't believe it.
    It was fun to chat with You and Angie and i wish we could have had more time.
    Until the next time, Jimmy B

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Thanks Jimmy, great meeting you.
    Looks like Plowey will get a drive for next year, so we will have to sort out which races we visit.
    Maybe they'll be as well organised as this year and have another race on my birthday !

It was a great way to celebrate; pit lane, garages, our meeting, Plowey in the top 10, we ended up on top of team hospitality spinning on the spot watching the Indy. So COLD! I could have believed we were back home.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Thread Information