ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Trouble sleeping

Not that I have a lot of trouble sleeping, especially at work, but Saturday morning proved an exception. Awoke around 6 AM and noticed that the sun was just coming up. I have planned to try and catch some early morning shots for sometime and figured this was as good a time as any. Here are a few from my 6:30 AM foray into the local cemetery. Hope you enjoy them, it was nice just being out with the camera at that time of day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trouble sleeping-all-arow.jpg   Trouble sleeping-sunrise.jpg   Trouble sleeping-sarah-640.jpg  

They call me Andy... ACArmstrong's Avatar
    Nice light, OT. I really like the first one a lot - though I have something of a fascination with headstones anyway. I'd love to see that first one with the first two head stones in sharp focus and the rest of the background blurred out so that you just see loose details. That would show a haunting light around that first headstone.

Keep shooting with that D70, you're doing a great job!
    Andy Armstrong
    Please visit my photography site - Andy Armstrong Photography

Great angle on the last one!! Get a little closer to just frame the two stones, and it might be even better. Clouds would have added the finishing touch.
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Good point

Good point Andy. I should have had the point of focus on the first head stone letting the image blur to the right. I think you are right that it would have created a more effective photo. There was some very nice light that morning and it is very interesting and old cemetery for our area. It is still in use today as the main cemetery in the coummunity, but many of the older headstone date back to the early 1800's. Some very interesting wording on some. Many however are well beyond being able to be read. Thanks for your comments.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trouble sleeping-stones.jpg  

Ahh, Rats....

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    Good point Andy. I should have had the point of focus on the first head stone letting the image blur to the right. I think you are right that it would have created a more effective photo. There was some very nice light that morning and it is very interesting and old cemetery for our area. It is still in use today as the main cemetery in the coummunity, but many of the older headstone date back to the early 1800's. Some very interesting wording on some. Many however are well beyond being able to be read. Thanks for your comments.

I was hoping I could tell some interesting stories about sleep...instead, you're bragging about getting up early and taking advantage of that golden light.

Morning light is great. The air is usually clearer and calmer than at sunset. And I have come to love directional lighting.

These are great shots O.T. Maybe next Saturday you can incorporate some of the suggestions Andy and Seb had. Nice to know you're putting that D70 to good use on a regular basis.

Thanks for providing some inspiration to get up early.
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Mig
    C8H10N4O2
    I ran off on Thursday with a dance troupe from Spain
    These are great OT! Love the color and character of the first one. It's funny because when I saw your title I initially thought you were referring to the tilt of some of the headstones -- as if those beneath were stirring, or having "trouble sleeping." The light on the last one is just gorgeous and I agree with Sebastian that it was a great angle to choose.

I'm fascinated by old cemeteries -- I can't read the headstones without wondering what the people's lives were like. I love how in the last one "consort" was still being used instead of "wife."

Danielle

Liz

Cool Love 'em all OT

I love cemetary shots, and these are exceptional with the morning light. I like the latest one you posted also. Great work. I really enjoyed viewing them.

Liz

Thread Information