ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Small town Illinois fireworks

I haven't posted here in a while although I try to check in a couple times a week and lurk but thought I'd post a few of my fireworks shots. They aren't great but they aren't horrible.

I also wanted to thank Seb for posting the tips!!

This is actually a smiley face. It was a pretty cool effect, however my photo makes it take on an evil appearance! Dont' you think?

Thanks again to Seb for posting the tips!!
    Troy

www.troybates.com
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

Re: Small town Illinois fireworks

I'm glad you got a use out of the tips! I really like the first one. What town were these taken in?
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Re: Small town Illinois fireworks

Hey Seb,

These were taken in Macomb, home of Western Illinois University. This was our first July 4th here so we were curious what kind of show they did. The University and city host a joint show at the University's football stadium. Unfortunately, there's a bunch of renovations going on and constructions zones all around the stadium so they didn't do the "low show" this year and the "high show" seemed to be abbreviated.

I'm still looking forward to next year and maybe scoping someplace out to get some sort of landscape type shots.
    Troy

www.troybates.com
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

Thread Information