ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Analog Photographer, Digital World Axle's Avatar

Bridge at Hogg's Hollow

The journey begins with foliage. Having parked my car on a quiet residential street I could've used a machete to make my life easier.

Besides the muffled rumble of cars behind the sound barrier, the exit sign for Yonge Street peeks just above.

Coming out from behind the barrier, I get my first view of the 401. This freeway (Designated The MacDonald-Cartier Freeway, or Highway of Heros) is the major traffic coridor from Windsor and Quebec.

The gap between the collectors lanes (on the right) and the express lanes (on the left) is the gap. Massive pillars support the highway's light standards.

The express lanes are actually two seperate bridges. The Eastbound lanes on the right were built in 1929 as part of the Yonge Street/Hwy 11 bypass which before that had a tendancy to flood. The westbound section was completed in the 1960s when the 401 itself was completed.

The westbound bridge is being maintained so a temporary construction plateform spanning the length of the bridge allows for a nice stroll.

Westbound collectors lanes.

Rebuilding the surface.

The eastbound lanes, as mentioned before were built in 1929. Only a narrow catwalk allows you to walk the length. A similar one is one the westbound side.

Access Road to allow construction workers to move around.

And back to the other side.
    Alex Luyckx | Photography
    Capturing Beauty in Everything

Re: Bridge at Hogg's Hollow

Love the structural shots in b&w. Your usual wonderful job of documenting a subject. Keep it up Alex.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Thread Information