ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

My Grandson, Dakota

Hello all, As many of you know, I've only been shooting for about a week now, and am just starting to learn how to use Photoshop. I'm not ready or comfortable yet putting this in critique, but would like some thoughts on how I did. I used the paintbrush to change the background and my husband taught me how to use the clone tool to fix my mistakes in his hair. Also, I just want to show off my handsome grandson!
    Kim

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Re: My Grandson, Dakota

You've done quite a good job there.

Looks like you might want to persuade your husband to buy an external flash
    I think what I see at the bottom is the shadow of the front of your lens, or the lens hood.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Quote Originally Posted by Kim026
    Hello all, As many of you know, I've only been shooting for about a week now, and am just starting to learn how to use Photoshop. I'm not ready or comfortable yet putting this in critique, but would like some thoughts on how I did. I used the paintbrush to change the background and my husband taught me how to use the clone tool to fix my mistakes in his hair. Also, I just want to show off my handsome grandson!
    Kim

I think its good. You'll find that you get better portraits outside or in room well lit by daylight, unless you invest in the additional flash Wombat suggests. It would open up ore of the detail in his face and hair and add some sparkle to his eyes.

Pentax Forum Moderator

Geez guys...she's already after me to buy the full version of CS2...give me a break...I live on Social Security!!!!!!! hehe..j/k...I do have that in the near future...but SS demands that I have to save for everything!!! hehe...First priority is a larger and faster memory card...next will be the full version of CS2 which with her student discount is affordable...then lenses and the flash will follow. I think she's doing great. It seems everytime I leave her alone, I come back and she amazes me with what she has learned when I wasn't around to stifle (inadvertently) her creativity!!!! hehe Admittedly...I'm very proud of what she's done in only a week!!!!!
    Ken
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Hi Kim,

I think this looks pretty good. What color is the BG? On my desktom monitor is looks to be a navy blue color. On my laptop, which I think has better color (neither of my monitors are calibrated) it appears much darker.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Navy Blue background is what I was going for or close to it. Still trying to figure all this stuff out and learn all the new programs. Thanks for all the encouragement and hints they will come in handy. Ken is already talking about new toys for my new camera hehe told him I wanted to get to know the camera first before adding other things.

Kim

Thread Information