ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

AV Sequences (slides to music)

EDIT: Please ignore the following. It appears that the links only lead to an error message. Oh well It seems that links only work if sent directly as an email invitation (which I am happy to do for anyone who is interested.

Hi all

This is something slightly different. Some camera clubs in the UK, including my own, run competitions for Audio-visual presentations. In the old days it was slide-tape - these days it is digital using programs such as PicturestoExe.

Here are two of mine which have been well received. (I did have a post on this before but this is different as it is a direct link - I am experimenting to find some way to make these more widely available).

If you are interested, the links will take you to the public part of the site I use, from which you can either download the AV sequence, or run it streaming. Warning though, they are quite long, running at around 30 MB each. They run for about 5-6 minutes and the show can be aborted at any time with the ESC key.

The first is "Brothers in Arms" and is a tribute to the Battle of Britain pilots. The modern sculpture is from the Battle of Britain Memorial in London.

http://www.adrive.com/public/9c7783b...a25c55993.html

The second is "Auschwitz - A Lament" and is based on photos I took at Auschwitz last November while on a trip to Krakow. Warning: some people may find the subject matter distressing.

http://www.adrive.com/public/7aa34e2...b57095505.html

This is experimental and I hope this works - if there are any problems, please let me know. Make sure your speakers are on!

Cheers
    Mike
    Last edited by Didache; 06-03-2008 at 02:58 AM.
    Mike Dales ARPS
    My website: www.mikedalesphotography.co.uk

Thread Information