ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Featured User Review by Greg McCary

I just put up a new Featured User Review, this one by Greg McCary, someone who's camera judgement I really trust. His also happens to be our first user review for the new Sony NEX-7 mirrorless camera, a camera I'm (im)patiently waiting to review

Greg McCary's Sony NEX-7 Featured User Review >>

This is also an opportunity for me to remind you guys that your user reviews are one of the building blocks for this site. We need your reviews. I'm sure a lot of you got a new camera or other camera gear during the Holidays. Please take a few minutes to visit the user reviews section and write a review for your new gear. Don't worry about being qualified to write a review, either. I'll take care of the pro reviews. The user reviews are for everyone. No matter what your photo experience is, there's someone out there just like you who's going to appreciate your review.

Write A Review >>

Thanks Greg for posting our first Sony NEX-7 review! And thanks in advance to the rest of you for all your camera reviews
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: Featured User Review by Greg McCary

John I agree we need to get with it with the reviews. I have been slacking myself. When I was thinking of going to Sony I read everything I could find. I wrote a review on my Mamiya 7.lol
    Where do we post if we want something added to the library. I was wanting to write a review of the LA-EA1, VCL-EU1 wide angle adapter and the VCL-ECF1 fisheye.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCary View Post
    John I agree we need to get with it with the reviews. I have been slacking myself. When I was thinking of going to Sony I read everything I could find. I wrote a review on my Mamiya 7.lol
    Where do we post if we want something added to the library. I was wanting to write a review of the LA-EA1, VCL-EU1 wide angle adapter and the VCL-ECF1 fisheye.
    I see all your reviews! Thanks for posting your three recent ones. The user reviews have been pretty dead lately so I was really happy to see those. I also have a soft spot for the Mamiya 7. I love the 6x7 format and there was a time when the Mamiya 7 was my dream camera

I can add those converters for you. We have a 35mm converter category and the compact system lenses category. Where do you think they should go? I've actually been hesitant about adding screw-on lens converters because they usually don't get reviews. But if you're really going to write reviews I'll be happy to add them.
    Photo-John

John I would think add the to the lens section. I think the A mount to E mount adapter is important because many buy the thing and think it is going to focus well. The sad truth is it works well of you manual focus but that's about it.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCary View Post
    John I would think add the to the lens section. I think the A mount to E mount adapter is important because many buy the thing and think it is going to focus well. The sad truth is it works well of you manual focus but that's about it.
    Ahhh yes - that's great info and makes it well worth adding so you can review!
    Photo-John

Greg - ideally people pick the LA-EA2 instead of the LA-EA1 for their lens adapting if they expect good AF. Though it is kind of pricey at $400.
    - Charlie

Feel free to edit and repost my work as a part of your critique.

Thread Information