ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

per Penny's request...bzzzzzzzz

I shot this at the "Top O' Topanga" on my way to Malibu. Used my 2x teleconverter lens which really gave me some depth of field. Hard to shoot these little buggers when they won't stand still fore more than 2 seconds.

Ray
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails per Penny's request...bzzzzzzzz-bumblebee.jpg  

I'm a Lumberjack and I'm OK daiv07's Avatar
    That's an increble shot. I really like it. I like the blurred background. you can still see that there is detail, but it's not taking away the focus at all. Nice job!

Fun shot Ray!

Nicely done. I especially like how you managed to capture the motion of the wings and how you were able to get the bee to pose and smile for the camera!

Since you are soooo good at capturing images at "just the right moment" perhaps you should follow Penny around and see if you can get her getting stung as she tries to duplicate this shot!

Thanks for sharing this one with us Ray.
    ~Brian
    Nikon Samurai #3

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true
    friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

http://brians4x4adventures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/brianliles/
    http://www.facebook.com/brianliles

Thanks Penny, daiv07 and Kokopeli. Believe me, I was worried about getting stung myself, as there were quite a few of these guys buzzing around me. I've been stung by bees before but never a bumblebee, so yes I was a bit wary too! Thanks again for your comments, I appreciate your input.

Ray

Liz

Cool Awesome

Now, this makes my day! And it reminds me Spring is around the corner. Beautiful colors, sharp, great shot in every way.

thanks for posting it.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by schrackman
    Thanks Penny, daiv07 and Kokopeli. Believe me, I was worried about getting stung myself, as there were quite a few of these guys buzzing around me. I've been stung by bees before but never a bumblebee, so yes I was a bit wary too! Thanks again for your comments, I appreciate your input.

Ray

Thank you, Liz! I'm so glad I made your day.

Speaking of spring, this weekend my wife and I went to Santa Barbara for the day and we happened upon a store that carried Thomas Mangelson's nature photography, and he had some absolutely amazing spring flowers on hillsides photos that I'd really like to emulate. C'mon spring!

Ray

Thread Information